Hologram Bug

• 3 Replies

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Hologram Bug
« on: October 02, 2011, 06:02:24 »
While working on my mod I discovered a mistake in the original code. If you take the Hologram away with a Shift the Hologram will still work. The player will still be able to activate it until the game is restarted or a cutscene plays.
Edit: I just discovered dieing will disable it too.

I guess a workaround for level designers who want to remove the Hologram from the inventory, would be to remove it during a cutscene.

Sorry, if this bug has been discovered before. I've never heard of it.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:43:06 by egomassive »

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Hologram Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 17:33:57 »
I found it while making Juni's Little Lab (well, someone else actually did while playing the level), but I didn't know that it's reset by cutscenes. Nice find!
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 18:23:00 »
Its quite logical that this happens.

When you play a cutscene, you die and respawn at the last saved location. Its that reason that it can send you somewhere else if you don't set save=true on the flag for triggering a cutscene.

So basically when you play a cutscene, the game is restarted to the last saved location, thus resetting all states of the powers. It is also for this reason that you can ensure the removal of the umbrella by using the same action. (the umbrella has the same bug)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 21:39:18 »
Same thing happens with Detector.