New Level

• 6 Replies
New Level
« on: September 24, 2011, 03:30:58 »
Hello,

Credits so far, If I am missing any let me know.

Sergio Cornaga - Sunken Canyon
Niflas - Spooky Forest
Niflas - Poisonous Forest - Green Edition
Looki - Knytt Tiles

Any suggestions would be nice.

Update 1 - 09/23/11
Can see the intro, get run power up, and climb power up.. Can also see red key, but shouldn't be able to obtain it yet..  Should not be able to get where you shouldn't.

Please post any bugs.

Thank You.

Game is larger than max upload allowed. Transferred to my site.
http://q2kgaming.com/None - CoCo.knytt.bin

[mod]Topics in the Level Preview board can't contain playable levels - it's for concepts/screenshots only. Moved to Releases. If the level is not done yet, feel free make a new, proper post in Preview and delete this one.[/mod]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 04:19:12 by SiamJai »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: New Level
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 06:43:08 »
Wow, at first, I gotta say, I was kinda hesitant about downloading this level, but, for a first level, this is pretty good!
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Seriously, gaiz, download this. You will not be dissapoint.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline powderj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 08:02:58 »
I played it, tons of potential but it's pretty short right?  Got the two power ups you mentioned and also was able to get the red key on my first attempt.  Definitely a demo with a cool storyline that i'd love to explore more.

Am I missing something?  Is there more to this level or is it just a demo???  Keep going regardless!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 14:50:50 »
Good work so far. Nice to see use of my tileset! As Pumpkinbot said, you have a lot of small graphical errors, but I'm sure you can deal with those over time.

[mod]Topics in the Level Preview board can't contain playable levels - it's for concepts/screenshots only. Moved to Releases. If the level is not done yet, feel free make a new, proper post in Preview and delete this one.[/mod]

Is there really enough to justify this rule? I don't think it should be enforced and would like to hear how people feel about this suggestion.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 22:05:15 »

Is there really enough to justify this rule? I don't think it should be enforced and would like to hear how people feel about this suggestion.
Lets not stray this off-topic by questioning a staff decision. If you want to bring this up, please start a new topic in the about Nifflas forum section, and link to this topic.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 19:18:07 »
Lets not stray this off-topic by questioning a staff decision. If you want to bring this up, please start a new topic in the about Nifflas forum section, and link to this topic.

I agree. I'd prefer to make this level to the best of my ability, and not squander over rules. My apologies for posting in the wrong place.

Yes, this is a playable demo (That is why I posted it in the preview section) I threw together in about 8 hours. I plan on using all keys twice, (Meaning I will give them to you and remove them later to re find again) all powerups will be used as well. Among other things. The game will be considerably long  (I'm aiming for at least 2+ Hours of gameplay).

The gradients with the sun on the top right side. I actually used the gradient tool in gimp to make. Feel free to use them with or w/o credit to me as the tool made them not me.

I'm no story teller any tips would be nice.

I'm not sure who made the music, but whoever you are if you want credit let me know.

And thank you sergiocornaga for allowing the use of it..

Also, How is the difficulty? too hard? too easy?

Thanks for all the replys.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 22:23:46 by Declivever »

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 19:10:38 »

Perhaps the topic was moved due to its title. Previews subforum is currently used for posting any unfinished levels, playable or not. I bet 'playable' should be read as 'unfinished' in the rule.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 19:22:23 by GrayFace »