Knytt RPG

• 75 Replies

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
Re: Knytt RPG
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 06:50:03 »
I'd love to compose music for this project. I need something to give me a kick in the pants ideawise as far as music creation goes. If you have any idea where you want to go with this, let me know. Give me atmosphere, setting, etc. and I'll try to make it fit. I'm not an excellent composer, but I am getting better.

Also, I just can't see a combat oriented game based on Nifflas material. I don't know how this could be avoided though if the plan is to make an RPG.

Then again, Earthbound (and Mother 3 for that matter) never actually stated that you had "killed" the enemy. Your opponent had "been tamed," "ran away," "stopped moving," or "went back to normal." If the big bad is infecting the inhabitants of Juni's world, the game just might work. But does everything still vaporize Juni in one hit?

Also also, couple of ideas for spells/techs/PSI/whatever you want to call them.

Juni should obviously be the most versatile of her group as far as reusable items goes (like Duster in Mother 3). She could have:
 - the hologram: creates 1-hit-kill clones of the chosen character from anyone in your party
 - the umbrella allows her or a companion to completely avoid an attack for one turn, must "charge" after that
 - the detector: increases the chance of dodging an attack
 - "speed-up:" slows Juni down for a couple of turns in order to boost the speed of one of her partners, as though she gave the powerup to someone else
 - "double jump:" decreases Juni's dodge chances so that another character can perform an extremely powerful jump attack

Can you guys think of any other unique uses for Juni's powerups?

The Original Knytt would be the "warrior" dude, because of the lack of powerups for him in Knytt. He would collect pieces of The Ultimate Weapon throughout the course of the game, as he did for the alien's spaceship, each increasing his attack (with the Ultimate Weapon increasing it several times greater).

Maybe The Ball from WaDF could be another party member? This could lead to some interesting, Pokemon-esque material weaknesses (maybe some enemies are weak against rubber, others against metal, etc.). At the very least, it should be an item.

And on the inventory screen: It would be much more Knyttish if it shared the same motif that the Knytt Stories menu does: white, with grey boxes. The blue/gold checkers just don't work for me.

Offline Kasran

• TRANSFENESTRATIVE EGRESS
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 14:10:26 »
I'd love to compose music for this project. I need something to give me a kick in the pants ideawise as far as music creation goes. If you have any idea where you want to go with this, let me know. Give me atmosphere, setting, etc. and I'll try to make it fit. I'm not an excellent composer, but I am getting better.

Also, I just can't see a combat oriented game based on Nifflas material. I don't know how this could be avoided though if the plan is to make an RPG.

Then again, Earthbound (and Mother 3 for that matter) never actually stated that you had "killed" the enemy. Your opponent had "been tamed," "ran away," "stopped moving," or "went back to normal." If the big bad is infecting the inhabitants of Juni's world, the game just might work. But does everything still vaporize Juni in one hit?

Also also, couple of ideas for spells/techs/PSI/whatever you want to call them.

Juni should obviously be the most versatile of her group as far as reusable items goes (like Duster in Mother 3). She could have:
 - the hologram: creates 1-hit-kill clones of the chosen character from anyone in your party
 - the umbrella allows her or a companion to completely avoid an attack for one turn, must "charge" after that
 - the detector: increases the chance of dodging an attack
 - "speed-up:" slows Juni down for a couple of turns in order to boost the speed of one of her partners, as though she gave the powerup to someone else
 - "double jump:" decreases Juni's dodge chances so that another character can perform an extremely powerful jump attack

Can you guys think of any other unique uses for Juni's powerups?

The Original Knytt would be the "warrior" dude, because of the lack of powerups for him in Knytt. He would collect pieces of The Ultimate Weapon throughout the course of the game, as he did for the alien's spaceship, each increasing his attack (with the Ultimate Weapon increasing it several times greater).

Maybe The Ball from WaDF could be another party member? This could lead to some interesting, Pokemon-esque material weaknesses (maybe some enemies are weak against rubber, others against metal, etc.). At the very least, it should be an item.

And on the inventory screen: It would be much more Knyttish if it shared the same motif that the Knytt Stories menu does: white, with grey boxes. The blue/gold checkers just don't work for me.
These are all extremely awesome ideas. Please post them here, because that's where most of the game-related discussion is. :)
grao!

Offline moleherd

• Wario rulezz
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 18:35:29 »
Why  nobody answer me on darkunivers?

Offline Rhyok

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 23:31:55 »
I would post on the forum, but last night you guys were having SQL socket errors.

Trying again...

EDIT: And we're good.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 23:38:16 by Rhyok »

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 02:21:13 »
Adding on to what Rhyok said about The Ball, it could turn into Normal (blue) ball, Space (green) ball, Metal (Iron) Ball, Amorphous (Yoga) Ball, Freeze Ball and Pathetic Ball.

Space-->Metal-->Normal-->Amorphous-->Freeze-->Space
Space weaponry can disenegrate Metal, Metal can crush Normal things, Normal things can stretch Amorphous substances and break it, Amorphous can break Frozen stuffs, and Freeze can deflect Space lazarz.

• Pathetic is weak to everything, but it powers up all the other characters.
  • Space Ball can inflict status conditions, like poision.
  • Metal Ball deals a lot of damage, but it's slow and can only hit one person.
  • Normal can attack one or two people with moderate damage.
  • Amorphous can attack multiple enemies at once with weak attack power.
  • Freeze is like Normal, but it can attack more enemies and it's faster. The only drawback is its low HP.

EDIT: *edits this so it can fit enemies, too*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:27:02 by Pumpkinbot »
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline pawel

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2009, 19:48:02 »
I have another idea for WaDF ball.
Maybe it should show the present state of character.
For example:
Practice: normal state
Yoga: slowed
Electric ball from WaDF2: paralyzed
Freeze: does it need any comment? ;)

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2009, 21:12:05 »
sorry to say none of the chars from nifflas old games will be main chars in this game. we have the names already chosen but won't release them yet. this game takes place on the knytt homeworld and with knytts only
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2009, 21:42:26 »
The "knytt homeworld" and the WaDF world is the same. The little village in the beginning of knytt is in Harara mountains in WaDF.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2009, 22:48:33 »
we know this, but this will be our own view of what the knytt homeworld looks like. the view is a top-down view so that means it won't look anything like the game knytt or wadf.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Didriking

• The King of Umbrellas
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2009, 23:13:07 »
we know this, but this will be our own view of what the knytt homeworld looks like. the view is a top-down view so that means it won't look anything like the game knytt or wadf.

:/ Not even trying to keep the visual style?
-place holder-

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2009, 23:14:50 »

we are trying to keep the visual style just that the game won't be from a side view but a top-down view.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 00:50:36 »

we are trying to keep the visual style just that the game won't be from a side view but a top-down view.
That's...quite contradicting. @_@
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2009, 01:08:29 »
No it isn't. The graphical style will be the same, just not the viewpoint. It's very possible.

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2009, 22:17:09 »
Yes, I was just trying to say that there aren't just knytts in the knytt world, like that bunny thing that you get hints from in wadf.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 22:22:35 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline lilmanjs16

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 10:59:58 »
So, it will still have Pinewood Heights and Harara Mountains in it?  Like, who will you play as, what's the goal of the game, where are the locations?  I would love to be a writer, if that's possible. C)
all that is still under wraps. we have a couple songs for the game made by earthbound though and a secrt person is making a song for the game. do know there will be 4 man members in your party.