Status \o/

• 43 Replies

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Re: Status \o/
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2011, 02:08:41 »
Well, compensation is a problem. I'm making enough money so that I can live off game development, but I don't make a lot. I mean, if anyone wants to help me out anyway with music, that'd be awesome.
You could pull some strings and have some forum-goers force Chris Schlarb to collaborate music-wise for free!

Offline bulbapuck

• One day hoping to become Venopuck
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2011, 13:48:37 »
Hatman looks amazing!

It's an interesting idea to have the game be free, but your level not to be. I hope it pays off :)
Emma fell down a well - Enviromental KS level inspired by Salmoneous/Elder
Level in the works: Whitebow Island

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2011, 18:23:53 »
I join the "encourage nifflas" gang  :). I like the things I saw about the game, so please keep going  C)

PS: Glad you are currently teaching, I would love to do that (but I had to focus on other things,  :S )

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 00:50:06 »
I'll definitely see how many of the musicians from the previous games who are interested.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 23:17:37 »
I'll definitely see how many of the musicians from the previous games who are interested.
I would think a good bit of them would be interested :) would be nice to get a good portion of the WaDF composers for this game.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 00:36:09 »
I'd love to hear some more music from dfast!
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 20:09:36 »
i’m sorry if this question was already asked, but are you going to publish this game on steam? even though it will be free, you can make it $0.99 or more, i think people will pay to have this game in their account)
4 8 15 16 23 42

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 20:28:34 »
The game will be avaliable as two different versions. The plus version (which includes the 1440 room mega episode) will be a commercial product that I can put up on Steam. The standard version doesn't include this episode but is free and completely open source.

For the sake of distributing the game on as many platforms as I can, I need to treat them as two separate products (many services don't offer free games). However, the source code to the free version is fully identical to the plus version (it's the same executable).

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 23:08:22 »
The plus version (which includes the 1440 room mega episode) will be a commercial product that I can put up on Steam.

YAY!!!

Wait...

The plus version (which includes the 1440 room mega episode) will be a commercial product that I can put up on Steam.

Does this mean you will?

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 12:38:22 »
Well, I guess it depends on if Steam accepts the game. I mean, the Steam versions of the games are my biggest income, I can't ignore that.

Offline Zelakon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2011, 17:50:15 »
Of course they'll accept it  :nuts:

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2011, 15:58:43 »
Is it open source, as in, editable through MMF, or something more like Saira or Knytt Stories, with an editor?
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Hempuli

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 10:32:50 »
Is it open source, as in, editable through MMF, or something more like Saira or Knytt Stories, with an editor?

The latter option would not mean that they're open source but instead just made with a closed-source level editor.

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 18:32:19 »
The game will be avaliable as two different versions. The plus version (which includes the 1440 room mega episode) will be a commercial product that I can put up on Steam. The standard version doesn't include this episode but is free and completely open source.

For the sake of distributing the game on as many platforms as I can, I need to treat them as two separate products (many services don't offer free games). However, the source code to the free version is fully identical to the plus version (it's the same executable).

Please tell me the 1440 version will be available off steam...

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 01:32:58 »
Please tell me the 1440 version will be available off steam...

Um, that's pretty much what the second sentence you quoted states. But there's no way to confirm that it will be accepted by Steam yet.