Setting the Start/Entrance Screen for a planet

• 3 Replies
Setting the Start/Entrance Screen for a planet
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:16:14 »
Is there any way to modify the position of the start/entrance screen for a planet in the Saira editor/ini files?

I've read through the various posts on here and gone through the ini files but can't seem to find anything.

If you move the player sprite, the planet starts on the same screen but without the player there.

Does every level need to start in that middle square? It seems like, in Nifflas' teleporter game, every level entrance is in the vertical and horizontal middle of the planet...

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
Re: Setting the Start/Entrance Screen for a planet
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 15:44:08 »
I didn't have any luck changing it, either. In addition to moving the player sprite, I've also tried setting the entry point on another screen, and it didn't have any effect.

Perhaps Nifflas had that level setup in mind from the beginning, and considering that Saira wasn't meant to have custom levels in the first place,  it seems likely that the center screen is the only place to start.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 19:16:48 »
I do know that initially, Nifflas didn't planned on releasing the level editor as it was too complicated.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 05:33:53 »
After some feedback and fooling around with the editor over the weekend, I think I can conclude that you must always start in the middle of the planet. You cannot choose this position. So whenever you "Teleport to the ship" it will always take you to the central square on the map.