Legolasgirl987's Tileset's, Gradients and Custom Objects

• 9 Replies
Legolasgirl987's Tileset's, Gradients and Custom Objects
« on: August 13, 2011, 04:58:06 »
Okay I am back after a hiatus and I'm sorting out all my old tilesets and revamping them as best I can.

Old Tilesets

New/current Tilesets

Spoiler: Dreamworld Tileset V3 (click to show/hide)

Objects

Spoiler: Fountain Custom Object (click to show/hide)

Gradients

Spoiler: Dream World Gradient (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:20:47 by legolasgirl1987 »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: Legolasgirl987's Tileset's, Gradients and Custom Objects
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:24:55 »
I tried out the fountain. It's pretty good in my opinion. Custom content is always a plus for any level, even "awful" trees and "meh" buildings. But, you're being too critical of yourself. This stuff is just as good if not better than some of the default stuff.

Offline James O.

• View Profile
    • Crimson Theory
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:59:34 »
I really like how the bushes and trees look. I like how the inside of them is softly blended, with a hard outer edge.

Same goes for the bricks in the building. They're softly colored with harder lines. The soft lighting also really complements it.

I didn't try the animated fountain out, but I've had enough experience with animation to tell that it flows well even from the still frames.
(Flows! Well! WATER PUNS, triple entendre!)

And Egomassive is right, you're being a bit too critical of yourself. This stuff is not bad at all. But being self critical isn't all bad; It shows that you are aware of your problems, and can see room for improvement. A lot of bad artists get stuck in a rut because they think their art is "too good" and doesn't need to improve, so they never strive for it. If you ask any really good artist, they will always say their stuff is crap! I don't know why, but the best artists are always super critical of themselves. Maybe that is their secret. They always see room for improvement. This is the driving force for improvement.

So just keep at it. I can tell already that you have the "artist" mentality, which means you have the potential to become really great.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 09:19:00 »
I say it is better than my tilesets. The content has detail which makes it good...

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 04:18:40 »
Added new stuff to first post ^_^ two new tilesets and one new gradient

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 10:15:07 »
The dreamworld gradient is very nice.
The tilesets are decent. The shape of things are clumsy, especially the trees. The dreamworld ground-tiles are the kind that don't loop well, the wildlands at least have a pattern.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 00:51:27 »
Yeah I'm working on another version of the dream world tileset I figured out during testing that the ground wasn't looping very well at all. I know that the trees are clumsy, I've even stated the trees are awful, but I've been trying different techniques and they look worse than what I already have. I will be redoing the ground tiles of Dreamworld though to try and make them more loopable.

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 16:56:43 »
Right so I'm back and I've fixed the looping issue with the dreamworld dark ground tiles i also got rid of the awful trees and just went with no leaves. Unfortuantly I still suck at trees as the version 2 of the Park and City Tileset will show you... both Version 2 tilesets have been put on the first post.

Offline Polana

• LOCP and proud
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 22:56:49 »
I thin that trees look much better than in 1st version. If I were you, I would make them a little bit darker. The castle is just great !

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 02:25:40 »
Hey guys I am back. I stumbled across the folder i had my Kyntt stories stuff in and got inspired to take the stuff i had and revamp it a little... I've also organized the first post for my own piece of mind and so it's easier to keep track of what I have done and what still needs doing. I have added v3 of both the Park and City Tileset and the Dreamworld Tileset. The first has new trees with hopefully better leafage going on and I added some texture to the dreamworld stuff and added more thickness to the branches of the big trees though I may not be finished with that one yet... we will see.

I also have a Science Lab Tileset in the works that has some custom objects to go with it as well.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:46:14 by legolasgirl1987 »