Public Tilesets and Gradients

• 30 Replies

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
Public Tilesets and Gradients
« on: April 04, 2009, 15:20:23 »
Okay guys, I finished sorting the big thing.

All the tilesets and gradients from the old forum post are on this page, sorted by artist and collection :
www.gaeel-music.com/public/public.html
(14 meg page by the way, so 56kers might want to stay away)

[mod]As the page is down, try this one instead.[/mod]

Also, there's an XML file with the current sorting method at www.gaeel-music.com/public/public.xml, if some javascript or php genius wants to code up a quick search system, I would be super-grateful. Also contact me about that, I have some ideas on some other developments I want to put into the xml structure to allow better referencing, so we can have a chat and see what would be the best way to do that.
A nice idea would be to develop an upload system that would auto write to the xml document, but I guess we need to see if LP wants to put a similar function on knyttlevels first, so don't start work on that yet.

And if you want to browse the tilesets and gradients offline you can grab www.gaeel-music.com/public/public.zip. That would also be the easiest way to do the testing of a php or javascript reader on your own comp without having to keep uploading.
Also, mirrors are welcome, but remember that stuff will probably change, so be ready to update your page regularly if necessary.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 11:48:02 by LPChip »
Code: [Select]
<Gaeel> I love you Dataflashsabot!
<Dataflashsabot> I love you too Gaeel!
<Gaeel> Wait are we really having this conversation?
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: Public Tilesets and Gradients
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 15:27:18 »
alright, stickied (for now, maybe until knyttlevels gets something like this or stuff.)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 15:31:53 »
If knyttlevels archives tilesets and stuff, I'll see with LP about making this easily transferable to his system and get everything hosted there instead when he's done.

Also, to LP :
If you want to use anything from this sytem on knyttlevels, go ahead. And if you want them in a different format, let me know your specifications and I'll get cracking.
(note, this is NOT a feature request or anything, don't banz me plz)
<Dataflashsabot> I think we might be a figment of Gaeel's twisted imagination...

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 15:34:50 »
All the tilesets and gradients from the old forum post are on this page
Or rather, most of them. I'm guessing that you just took the tilesets that were in the outdated "all tilesets and gradients" thread.
It hadn't been updated for a while, so there is still a bunch of tilesets that you can only find on the old forum.
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 15:59:00 »
Or rather, most of them. I'm guessing that you just took the tilesets that were in the outdated "all tilesets and gradients" thread.
It hadn't been updated for a while, so there is still a bunch of tilesets that you can only find on the old forum.

If anybody has tilesets that aren't on the page, please send to sugardood@gmail.com
That way I can add...
I'm going to scout the old forum a bit to see if I can find some.

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 18:14:05 »
Amazing job there.  It's complete from what I can see.

(When I see how cruddy my old tilesets were...oh man.  Urgh.)

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 19:51:29 »
Neat.

I notice some of the tilesets aren't actually there. (I mean, they actually aren't there, rather than they just don't load.) Trying to open the missing images gives a 404. Most of the tilesets and gradients are there, but all of Velvet's and emeraldfire's and Drakkan's, most of Comhon's, and one of Elder's and SiamJai's, and some others, aren't there.
good bye

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 20:44:29 »
Neat.

I notice some of the tilesets aren't actually there. (I mean, they actually aren't there, rather than they just don't load.) Trying to open the missing images gives a 404. Most of the tilesets and gradients are there, but all of Velvet's and emeraldfire's and Drakkan's, most of Comhon's, and one of Elder's and SiamJai's, and some others, aren't there.

Fixed borked links

Also, changed the layout a little, reddish and orangish bars for artist and collection titles, aligned the artist names right and collection names centered for added readability.
.zip and .xml files not updated yet, sorry.

Offline BlackM.1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 21:02:24 »
Well Im glad that some public tilesets were posted, too bad not all the tilesets were posted, including mine and several others that were posted a little before when the old forum went down

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 21:12:21 »
All the tilesets and gradients from the old forum post are on this page

I noticed directly that many tilesets are missing, that not even half of them.
But its good that you did this.

Offline Dandelion

• Yay owls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 05:22:01 »
Amazing, this is a great collection of tilesets. However, i looked at the tilesets on the old forum and there are many, many tilesets missing. Are we allowed to send you tilesets without contacting the original authors? I don't see why anyone wouldn't want their tilesets here, and they are public, but I'm not sure.

Check out my tilesets!

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 05:39:20 »
This is based on the old forum's "complete" tileset-and-gradient post, which was virtually impossible to keep updated. Once it became clear that it was impossible, then, of course, it was updated less and less frequently. (Also there was the problem of the post character limit.) It would take a lot of tedious work to sift through the old forum for tilesets and gradients not featured here.

By posting a tileset in the public tilesets forum, a user had to agree that their tileset could be freely used by everyone, as long as it isn't modified and as long as they're credited, so the original tileset makers would not need to be contacted if their tilesets are just going to be reposted.
good bye

Offline Gaeel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 12:11:42 »
If any tilesets or gradients are missing, download them, put them into folders by artist, and fill in the template file attached to this post.

zip that all up and send the lot to me on my email address sugardood at gmail dot com and I'll keep the archive up to date.

Please note that this is exactly what I have done for each and every tileset and gradient that I have backed up, and the prospect of sinking even more hours into downloading and sorting even more tilesets for people who can't even lift a finger to at least help a little is a little jarring.

If you REALLY can't be bothered to download and sort a couple files yourself, at least provide a link in this post to a tileset I haven't backed up (yes, this is the ONE post where you can link to the old forum).

[mod]Changed email adress to a written one to combat spambots[/mod]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:38:57 by LPChip »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 01:57:32 »
I made a remix of the tutorial world tileset. Made the top grounds yellow, bottom grounds green, made the dynamite green, made the cloud green, made rusty spikes. The things i didn't change were the rocks, grass and space filler blocks.

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 16:55:33 »
Necro much.

Anyway I'd appreciate it if you put in my tilesets.

I can't access my comp right now (It borked) but I can pack them up later once I get it back up and running.