A Knytt Stories Level Database

• 22 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Re: A Knytt Stories Level Database
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 11:01:14 »
Not to offend or anything but i liked the intended knytt levels design better. The one you have in mind just seems out of place in my opinion...

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2011, 11:53:40 »
@Gaiacarra: We have everything setup at our servers. I first did the development on my servers, but we've moved everything to J's servers. The development is still in a shielded area, but will be moved to its official location once done.

Since this however is your first real project, I doubt you'll be suitable for the job. This project uses complex stuff like classes etc. Nothing a beginner would understand. The site doesn't just echo... stuff, it uses templates with a template class. I can send you a test case if you're still interested. It'll be some sample code, with an assignment. If you have a hard time doing that, its unwise to help us.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2011, 11:54:04 »
Not to offend or anything but i liked the intended knytt levels design better. The one you have in mind just seems out of place in my opinion...
To whom are you referring?

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2011, 12:12:07 »
To whom are you referring?

the person that is taking on the project... The theme with the snow tileset is what i was referring to as the original...
It just goes with the knytt stories graphics...

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2011, 15:44:09 »
Don't know much about PHP's OOP stuff but I'm sure I can get up to speed quickly. Giving me a test sounds really good though, so thanks for offering. Go ahead and tell me how you intend to send me the code.

edit: ...by which I mean the code for test, by the way, which I'd like to do.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 15:56:43 by Gaiacarra »

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2011, 16:14:45 »
Don't know much about PHP's OOP stuff but I'm sure I can get up to speed quickly. Giving me a test sounds really good though, so thanks for offering. Go ahead and tell me how you intend to send me the code.

I'll send you a PM or email (depends on how complicated I'm going to make it) later today with the given test.

Though I suppose there are some easy things too that you probably are suitable for. I do have to discuss that part with J too. But regardless of anything, I'll prepare you a testcase.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 17:40:56 »
Nice bringing this up again. You know that's sorta sad that it didn't get finished a long time ago. Because LPChip blames it on being busy which he has been now the 2 latest years and all that. Good thing everyone forgot about the new ks lvl archive by now and probably don't give a shit anymore.

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 09:39:46 »

I have emailed you the test btw. Don't feel bad if you can't answer all questions. They test the different aspects of the code, but since most part is completed, I suppose that if you have a few of the questions right, you can still help out.

MODPlug Central Forum