[Hard/Challenge] Unknown Stories: Yellow Submarine

• 13 Replies

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
[Hard/Challenge] Unknown Stories: Yellow Submarine
« on: April 04, 2009, 14:43:54 »
Finally done, my first hardcore and awesome level, thanks to my beta testers for bugs and stuff  <3
The level contains easy and hard parts some may be more than hard, i added traps that take min to get passed throught
just don't get angry if you can't pass instead go back and find the secret to skip the hard part (nuub), anyways here's some photos:

I didn't take the other photo's cuz their old:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Here's the download:
http://hajkhajkhajk.googlepages.com/Knytt-USYellowSubmarine.knytt.bin

i did not upload this on knyttlevels because i don't really like it yet (needs login, comments, rating, manage levels, map pack)
Current version: 1.01

BTW: to beta testers this version is harder ;)

this wasn't that hard :O
i'll work on a XH version with the special edition pack
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 15:02:50 by Knytt »

Offline farik

• let's make some $
    • View Profile
Re: [Hard/Challenge] Unknown Stories: Yellow Submarine
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 21:13:33 »
i don't know about this one. it looks good. but one part was hard
to the point of being... i don't know, not fun. like i didn't care about getting past it, and when i did, i didn't feel like i had accomplished anything or whatever, i just thought, "that was stupid." and then this:
right before the end of the level just seemed kind of lazy. why not have that many more challenges, and reward people with the items? also... i think blatant swearing in levels is kind of frowned on, but i don't have a problem with it... which reminds me

anyway, i guess work on making levels with more well-rounded challenges based on a person's skill instead of blind luck
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 21:15:07 by farik »

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 22:06:15 »
That part with the spikes is easy, you just have to be good there's no luck in it -.-
The part with almost all the power-ups was kind of bad (yes) but i thought well he's had a hard time getting throught count-less of ninja's and spikes he can have the powerups to get over the wall
And what's the problem with swearing? it's just words which some people think is bad for some reason, it doesn't change anything and yes i got the idea from "Rain" :P
The monster guarding the umbrella is not just luck to avoid is time scheduled

But yeah, it's my third level so far and it's pretty good compared to others i've seen
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 22:17:50 by Knytt »

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:11:37 »
For some reason, my browser is opening this as a text file, not a downloadable file...

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 04:51:34 »
For some reason, my browser is opening this as a text file, not a downloadable file...

Try firefox, or save the text and change .txt to .bin unless it's already .bin

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 04:54:23 »
Right click -> Save As
Lurk more.

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 05:02:36 »
Right click -> Save As
That was the first thing I tried, but thats greyed out for some reason...

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 07:14:51 »
i did not upload this on knyttlevels because i don't really like it yet (needs login, comments, rating, manage levels, map pack)
Login? Uhhh...no...? You just go to "Upload Level" then "Browse," select your level, then "Upload." O.o
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:26:41 »
Login? Uhhh...no...? You just go to "Upload Level" then "Browse," select your level, then "Upload." O.o
I think he means when knyttlevels is re-made, but probably not the login part.
Lurk more.

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 19:28:28 »
I meant i wan't a login part so i can manage my levels and update them, change the info, stuff like that <- IN THE FUTURE!

god...

Offline special_d

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 19:32:17 »
My one complaint with it is that it's too short. It could be great if it were longer.

Offline Knytt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 19:40:04 »
Yeah, i'm making Anna's book right now it's 5x longer acctually

Offline theiza27

• 'allo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 01:08:46 »
wow... i was going through my KS cuz i have a tendency to install everything and just leave it... so i had 20+ pages of levels that i didn't intend on playing any time soon... while cleaning out levels... i came across this and i had given up because i was stuck in that hallway with the floating+spikes+tiny pedestal (your middle screen shot)... and apparently after 10 months of honing my skills on all these great levels... i was able to make it out of this! hahahaha finally... good level... i can't say much that everyone else has already said... i just thought i'd share my achievement :)

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 21:48:37 »
Hey guys, I'm new here  8). About the level, I thought some of the challenges were nice and original (like the ninja's, they are so harmless on their own!). But then at the end, you get the powerups, right, you go back to check for secrets, and (yay) theres a secret passage which brings you to more powerups, and yet they have no use in the level (plus theres a wallswim/void :sick:)! In the end the only new powerup you needed (out of six!) was the climb, and it would have been nice to make something out of the secret. This made the level feel a bit like a beta, unfortunately. I'm not a level-maker myself, but I think this is still half-finshed :/. It had I nice linear feeling though, and with a few more screens i think it would be great :^^:. Oh and two endings (of which one is secret/original/weird) is a must! Hope you finish this one off!