Dark Sea 2 [Challenge][Large][Lunatic-ish]

• 41 Replies

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
Re: Dark Sea 2 [Challenge][Large][Lunatic-ish]
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 03:36:48 »
I must echo the praise you've already received, and I think I've only just begun the level. Gloomy atmosphere, brilliant design, and clear attention to detail make for an unforgettable story. I do wish the music looped to keep me from going mad while I try each screen over and over -- nothing toggling the sound off and on doesn't fix though.

I've been working my way through the level a few screens at a time as my patience allows, but I'm afraid I have gotten myself stuck and have been spending far too much time trying to find the way to proceed, so I would very much appreciate your guidance. :)
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 06:11:06 by Pie_Sniper »

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 20:47:12 »
Thanks a lot!
Spoiler: Umbrella Room (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 20:49:21 by SecretGlitch »
SG's difficult KS levels:
Very Hard: Dark Sea, Industral Trap.
Lunatic: Dark Sea 2, Going Left.
Very Lunatic: Safety 1, 2, and 3.
Misc: AdvancedAmidst the Clouds, Candy Town.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 22:52:15 »
Thanks a lot!
Spoiler: Umbrella Room (click to show/hide)

I also found that room quite difficult! Back when i tested this, It took me a while to figure out i had to do this!

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 04:20:24 »
Just finished this playing level for the competition and I've gotta say, HOLY CRAP was this difficult. I had to add a few save points (all but one to the end sequence) to keep myself sane! After I finished, and you get to the room where it says, "If you would like to replay any level..." I was thinking to myself, "Who in their right mind would want to go through that torture again?!!?"

Ah, I kid! It was a GREAT level. The art/atmosphere was simple yet extremely effective and appropriate to the story. The story was a little bland but the setting/atmosphere more than made up for it. Obviously it was VERY challenging but unlike other levels, I never once thought it was unfair or "random." Every time I died it felt like my fault, although I did use SecretGlitch's name in vain once or twice. There were many unique, new, clever puzzles and new twists on what I thought were tired and old enemies. For instance, I was very impressed with the underground ant tunnel... I didn't think anyone could use the ant in a new way. I think my favorite challenge was the loopy-screens with the lasers and umbrella. My least favorite was definitely the oil complex, if only because the Umbrella-Screen jump was so difficult that I had to come to the forum to make sure that's what I actually had to do. Also, who puts the Refuel Switch on the other side of two miles of death lasers? I think I see now what caused the BP oil spill. (But hey, that's every video game ever, right?  ;) )

Anyways, my hat is off to you, SecretGlitch. Have a star for making two of my new favorite levels (Also played Dark Sea 1 to get the backstory), even if I never have the balls to play them again.

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 04:26:42 »
Good work getting through it! Thanks for playing. Also, if you manually went in and put save points, I'd suggest using KS+ as it has a save-anywhere feature in cheat mode. Though hopefully you wouldn't need to use said feature this point forward.

« Reply #35 on: February 29, 2016, 22:09:44 »
I finally beat this epic level - although admittedly I took the easiest final path (I do plan to go back and try the harder paths at some point). I had to add extra saves points between challenges to reduce tedium, but I did manage to beat all the challenges on the path I took. I really like that the challenges often do not just require precision, but also some thinking ahead.  :)

I did record my progress. Because each challenge generally took a while, I only started recording my attempts on a screen once I felt I was close to completing the screen. Most challenges have about 1-2 minutes of attempts recorded before the successful attempt.

If I were to post this (to YouTube), would people prefer the inclusion of these failed attempts? Or should I just stitch together the successful attempts? (If failed attempts are included, I'm estimating the total video will be about 2 hrs long, but I could split that over several episodes). Also, the commentary is pretty fragmented since I start and stop recording every couple minutes – would recording new commentary on top make sense?

Any suggestions are appreciated – and thanks again for this amazing level!!  :)

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 03:53:11 »
For me, my attention is held best by good commentary and good narrative. Dying once or twice to illustrate a point is fine... any more and it's just tedious for the viewer.

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2016, 05:03:30 »
OK. First part of my playthrough is posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLG6MA9AbFA

This is my first attempt at making any sort of playthrough, so the result is far from perfect. Hopefully it can still be of some use.

Thanks again to SecretGlitch for such an amazing level.  :)

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 19:52:50 »
And here's the last part of the playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lr2ZqM3b2c&

The resolution should be a bit better on this part. Hope you enjoy it.  :)

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 02:01:53 »
I enjoyed the second one quite a bit! It's nice reliving some of those moments with the, errr, pain inflicted on someone else.  X)

Offline Purple Ink

• View Profile
    • My lore forum
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2016, 02:19:56 »
I enjoyed watching this playthrough. Then again, I could spend all day watching people play KS. :P

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2016, 08:39:54 »
OK. First part of my playthrough is posted here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLG6MA9AbFA

This is my first attempt at making any sort of playthrough, so the result is far from perfect. Hopefully it can still be of some use.

Thanks again to SecretGlitch for such an amazing level.  :)

Wow, thanks for making a playthrough dude! :hiddenstar: I wanted to make a scenic edited playthrough a long time ago that featured the music but getting the footage and editing the audio to be seamless was a little to great of a task for me. Good job with this, though!