Frequent crashes

• 4 Replies

Offline Jazzz

• View Profile
Frequent crashes
« on: July 07, 2011, 17:46:15 »
Hi,

I purchased Saira at the Steam Summer Sale. So far I really enjoyed playing it. :D
My problem is that the game frequently crashes. Sometimes when I use the PDA, sometimes when I leave a scene. Unfortunately I just get the Windows standard error message that the game is not functioning anymore. Is there an error file somewhere which I could provide?
Another thing is that the desktop icons get refreshed every time I use the PDA when I play in windowed mode.
Would be great if this issues could be resolved.  :)

My system:
Athlon II X2 220
Radeon HD5850 1GB
MSI 870A-G54
4GB RAM
Onboard Sound (Realtek ALC892)
Windows XP SP3 up to date

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Frequent crashes
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 17:58:18 »
I would advise to update your video card drivers to the latest Catalyst version. I have had some problems with previous drivers that at a sudden moment, while doing anything (for example watching a youtube video) the drivers suddenly had to reinitialize my graphics system. Such event can cause Saira to become unresponsive.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Jazzz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 18:14:39 »
Forgot to mention: All drivers are up to date. Catalyst 11.6 for the graphics card and Realtek driver 2.62 for the the sound card.

Is it possible that Saira doesn't like JoyToKey? I use it to map the keyboard buttons to my gamepad and just played some time without it. No crashes so far ...
Pity that there's no native gamepad support.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 19:00:59 »
Its possible, but since I haven't used it myself, I don't know. Others might know though.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Jazzz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 15:00:48 »
I switched to Xpadder 5.3 (the last free version) and no crashes so far. Yay. :D
Saira plus gamepad feels almost like freerunning.   :^^: