[FPS] Team Fortress 2

• 49 Replies

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: [FPS] Team Fortress 2
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 08:34:16 »
This game is the reason I haven't been on NSF in a while. (...That, and World of Warcraft. *cough* <.<) Pyro/Soldier here, with the Degreaser, Shotgun, and Postal Pummeler for my Pyro and the Black Box, Shotgun, and Shovel for the Soldier, though I mostly play Pyro.

...That is all. <.< *poof*
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 16:44:58 »
Pyro/Soldier here, with the Degreaser, Shotgun, and Postal Pummeler for my Pyro and the Black Box, Shotgun, and Shovel for the Soldier, though I mostly play Pyro.
Nice to meet you. I'm a Medic with the Crusaders Crossbow, Kritzkrieg and Vita-saw Solemn Vow, and i try to heal everyone who needs it. I also have a setting on that lets me know if anyone needs help without them having to call for a Medic.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:55:45 by StraightFlame »

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 21:41:48 »
Playtime (hours):
53.9 last two weeks
502.21 on record

Guys, help me. My friend's addicted.
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 23:24:12 »
Playtime (hours):
53.9 last two weeks
502.21 on record

Guys, help me. My friend's addicted.
lol just delete the account. :D

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 01:27:49 »
I'm not addicted, my FRIEND is. I can't exactly delete his account.
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline Shawnachu

• Contemplating
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 19:11:39 »
Last 2 weeks: 48.3 hrs
Total:  1305.9 hrs

He's fine.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 13:01:24 »
It could be worse... He could be playing WoW.
That game is MUCH more addicting... XD

Which, by the way, Surprises me that there isn't a topic on World of Warcraft...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 13:54:30 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 14:48:27 »
There's no WoW topic because it isn't free.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 15:06:09 »
There's no WoW topic because it isn't free.

*facepalm* Oh yea...

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 01:33:52 »
Playtime (hours):
70.3 last two weeks
511.85 on record

I refuse to believe he's fine.

Offline TheDarkOne

• Darkness...
    • View Profile
    • Scratch Account
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 05:45:43 »
Playtime:
204.7 hours
1046.73 on record

THE VOICES
THEY TELL ME TO PLAY TF2

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2011, 11:00:21 »
Playtime (hours):
70.3 last two weeks
511.85 on record

How could it be like this all of a sudden if you posted 53 something hours last post...
He is getting sleep though...

I for one, don't understand why a person needs to play this ONE game for SO long though...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:01:56 by PeppyHare4000 »

Offline Salmoneous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 13:20:04 »
I have been playing team fortress classic for 1582 hours these last 3 years. that's more then 1 hour each day for 3 years. Well it's possibly a bit longer then 3 years, like 3 and a half years. Well the point is that you can get ridiculously high playing times. But these 2 weeks it's only been 9 hours for me, school started for me so a bit busy  :/

Just to think that a game can take more than 5% of my time for these last 3,5 years is kinda sad.
1528 hours, that's 65 days! It might be a bit depressing to look at it that way, like if you had no life. But not like those other 23 hours a day is going into anything good so...

Playing games should be considered a hobby and the definition of that is wasting your time on stuff. But if would be carving ice sculptures or playing basketball 2 hours a day it wouldn't be received in the same way as playing computer games. And while you could have multiple hobbies or change hobby every month, the game market is just so big and it's just so many games! So if you play a lot of games there will always be more games to play, even if you would play games 24/7 for the next thousand years. It's a huge growing industry.

Well sorry, that's a bit off-topic. Anyway...

jetio, your friend is fine.

I for one, don't understand why a person needs to play this ONE game for SO long though...
Well there might be multiple reasons why. A lot of people are still on this forum and play new ks levels. That's a game I have been stuck on for a very long time, since it's release! I also think the community is a big reason why many people chose to stick around, especially in online games. tfc is such a game, my game  :) While I have played the same stuff in the game over and over again I play mostly because I am a part of the tfc community. tfc is a half-life mod, made in 1999 and it's not so hot anymore. I in fact know most of the people who play the game or otherwise I at least know their names.

Or you could think of it as a life. You have lived very long and days start to repeat themselves so why not take suicide?

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 22:13:12 »
Team Fortress 2
74.8 hrs / 776.7 hrs

That's 32 days of TF2 for him. I remember him getting the game October of 2010, so that's ~11 months, or 341 days.
That's 9% of his time on TF2, or 2 hours a day.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 04:46:55 »
Say, what weapons and classes do you guys use? I'm less interested about how addicted people are and more about what they use. :P

I've recently gotten into playing a Sniper. I have the Huntsman because I love not having to zoom in, Jarate because I can spy check as well ass provide an offensive boost to teammates or extinguishing fire, and the default Kukiri because that's all I have. <.< Still, with the Jarate, I don't know how many times I saw a flaming Heavy with very little health rushing toward a health pack and I extinguished him. Same goes for my Pyro's compression blast. Don't forget to use those, fellow Pyros, Jarate-wielding Snipers, and Mad Milk-wielding Scouts! Your teammates will thank you!
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.