• 24 Replies

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
Re: White City [Environmental]
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 19:17:52 »
I'll test it.
>.>
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 19:18:32 »
This is pretty much done, I just feel like it isn't.  Maybe I need to do one more round of beta testing...

I am up for it... Once again...

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 23:38:09 »
Hmm... quick question for the technical among you before I bundle this up for the final beta:  I just did a test run, and there is a weird error I can't figure out.  I added a shift that replays the starting cutscene, and it works fine initially.  However, if you go and shift into another cutscene and then return to the first cutscene, when the first cutscene ends you find yourself at the previous cutscene not the first.  ???  There is no flag work or anything...  Any ideas?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 07:25:15 »
This is just a hunch, but if one of the cutscene folders is called Intro, try renaming it.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 16:28:51 »
Does that mean I'll need one intro and one other folder with the same content?

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 11:53:04 »
Does that mean I'll need one intro and one other folder with the same content?
Yes, you could try that. I can't guarantee it will work, but it's worth a shot. If it does work you can then work on a more elegant workaround.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 09:37:31 »
Are you saving on the shift that replays the intro? If not, the player will return to the last place the game was saved after the cutscene.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 13:43:49 »
Aaaahhhh... haha, that was it.  That's fixed, but I've noticed a few rough things going on I still have to fix.  Man, it seems really hard to get the music to play the way I want it to.  Right now it plays on the cutsceens (which I don't want) and doesn't play while you play (which I do want).  I'll have to hunt down that PM you game me ego and try the music as ambiance thing.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 02:09:52 »
Well, I think I've got all my errors fixed, and I've got a hold of my music making friend, and he is trying to through together one last piece of music.  As soon as I've got that, I'll release it.  

I'm not entirely satisfied with my upside down water as it doesn't flow very well, but it is at least not blocky.  I added 3 or 4 more "memories" as well.