La-Mulana Tile-Set?

• 7 Replies

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
La-Mulana Tile-Set?
« on: April 04, 2009, 03:13:15 »
I am requesting a tile set of La-Mulana, the freeware game release back in 04. Sorry if this is in the wrong spot or generaly not allowed to post requests...kinda new here...

EDIT: Nevermind. I found out I can actualy find them in the game files. Just have to convert them to a PNG...Thank you anyway.

Offline Evil

• View Profile
Re: La-Mulana Tile-Set?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 03:20:29 »
Thank you anyway.

You're Welcome!

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 03:25:22 »
Sigh, ok, I got more then I bargained for. Does anyone else have La-Mulana? I need help re-sizing the tile sets to get them to fit. Theres only a couple tile sets I need, as I only plan to re-create the first couple of screens, but still.

EDIT: I actualy found there IS a La-Mulana tile set floating around somewhere made for this game. Anyone have it?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 03:38:26 by Onematty »

Offline googoogjoob

• Forum Walrus
  • The Walrus is me.
    • View Profile
    • I have a LiveJournal. Yes. I do.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 03:36:54 »
Zonhin posted a La-Mulana tileset in the old tileset request thread (at the request of Hijongo). Zonhin mentioned making more of these conversions, but went inactive, so no other tilesets are converted- yet.

Since links to the old forum are prohibited, I've attached the tileset. Note that you can only use it with a pure black gradient, unless you want to make the relevant areas transparent by hand.
good bye

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 03:59:54 »
Zonhin posted a La-Mulana tileset in the old tileset request thread (at the request of Hijongo). Zonhin mentioned making more of these conversions, but went inactive, so no other tilesets are converted- yet.

Since links to the old forum are prohibited, I've attached the tileset. Note that you can only use it with a pure black gradient, unless you want to make the relevant areas transparent by hand.
Thank you, but I have that one. I was hoping there was more...ah well, I have set out creating a re-create, or as close as possable with that tileset, of the first area within La-Mulana. We could actualy make it like a nostalgia trip for those who have played La-Mulana, we'll recreate certain areas and stuff. This could be a project. I'm pretty much done with the first screen, but does anyone remember what the skeleton in the first room says? I'd check it on LM, but as of right now, my in my game I have no glyph reader.

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 13:51:16 »
I think you might find the La-Mulana wiki helpful for this task. :)
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline Razzorman

• Contemplating name change.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 14:12:20 »
NES Gamer also made a La mulana conversion of sun temple, and then Bloxmaster made it transparent.

Since links to the old forum are prohibited, I've attached the tileset.
I have never understood that rule. Of course, links to the old forum will stop working when it is taken down, but until then I think we should be able to make use of what we have.
The least we can do is to tell people how to get there.

[mod]there are enough links to the old forum already :sigh:. The one that should be most prominent is in this post, but apparently nobody can be bothered to read that one.
And I really don't see what the problem is with quoting/attaching instead of linking.[/mod]

Edit to respond to our friendly mod:  The problem with quoting/attaching things from the old forum is that we can't use the quote button on the old forum.
You can copy and paste what they said, and then put it inside a quote box, but doing so will remove any images or links in the post.
Also, its impractical to make the only way to get to the old forum clicking a little "here" in a single topic that is neither stickied nor posted in much. Not everyone was here from the beginning, so most new people won't even know that the topic is there. Besides, linking to that topic is pretty much the same thing as linking to the old forum.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 15:50:57 by Razzorman »
My only star: :hiddenstar:

:D

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 21:32:16 »
If you want to get the full text of a post, PM one of the staff members a link and ask if they can send you the content so you can post it.

The staff can edit the post to get its content (or just quote it) and send you that.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex