My First And Second Levels

• 11 Replies

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
My First And Second Levels
« on: April 03, 2009, 23:13:57 »
Ok, I AM new to this, but I was bored one day and decided to watch some old DeceasedCrab videos. One thing lea dto another and soon I had both Kyntt games installed and two very short levels completed. Now, there kinda beta right now, but here's my first one, "Rain"
http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Matt%20-%20Rain.knytt.bin

And my second one, "Island"
http://www.knyttlevels.com/levels/Matt%20-%20Island.knytt.bin

Now, I realise by comparison to the masterpieces yo guys see DAILY, this is nothing. But I believe with the right criticism, I can get really good at this and eventually make bigger and better levels.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
Re: My First And Second Levels
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 23:45:26 »
I'll get back to you on these. Also, it would be a good idea to tell us what type of level these are in the topic, like, if they're challenges, put [Challenge] before the subject.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 23:49:20 »
I'll get back to you on these. Also, it would be a good idea to tell us what type of level these are in the topic, like, if they're challenges, put [Challenge] before the subject.
Ok, thank you but I myself don't klnow how to classify these. Btw, when I said short, I ment SHORT. If yo uwere jsut running through not actualy taking the time to look at everything, you could speed run Rain in about 30 seconds...

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 00:00:10 »
Ok, thank you but I myself don't klnow how to classify these. Btw, when I said short, I ment SHORT. If yo uwere jsut running through not actualy taking the time to look at everything, you could speed run Rain in about 30 seconds...
Well, don't worry. I took my time...But it was still short. :( Anyway, I'd classify them as Enviromnental, becasuse there's no real challenge, just scenery. But even then, it doesn't have much scenery. I'd suggest playing a few environmentals yourself so you can get a good feeling of how to work things.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
Oh, and, in Rain, it seemed that you didn't know how to erase stuff. You can erase tiles by selecting the upper-left tile in the tileset and clicking on what you want to erase. To erase whole screens, you can go to "Screen" and "Erase."

[shamelessadvertisement]Might I suggest my environmental, The Terrain Deviates?

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 00:17:21 »
Thank you :D And I do know how to erase, it's just I decided to keep the default thing for the first screen. Idk why. But overall, are they at least pretty good for a begginner? Also, I would like your opinion on the ending to Island.

...I tried to try your level, but for some reason, it crashes my game before it loads it :(

[mod]merged double post and removed nested quotes[/mod]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:04:41 by Miss Paula »

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 01:14:38 »
Firstly, the object layers (4, 5, 6, 7) can be put on top of each other. e.g. to fix the
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:18:05 by Purple Pineapple »
Lurk more.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 01:22:54 »
Thank you :D And I do know how to erase, it's just I decided to keep the default thing for the first screen. Idk why. But overall, are they at least pretty good for a begginner? Also, I would like your opinion on the ending to Island.

...I tried to try your level, but for some reason, it crashes my game before it loads it :(

[mod]merged double post and removed nested quotes[/mod]
They're about average for a beginner. *shrug*
The ending was...anticlimatic(sp?). It looked okay so far, but I was expecting some deep hidden meaning. :(
Really? I'll upload it again.

EDIT: Here's a .zip version I uploaded to Mediafire. To open it, you need WinRar, WinZip, etc, or you need to be using Windows Vista. To run it, take the "Pumpkinbot - The Mysterious Grotto" folder and put it in the "Worlds" folder.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 01:30:00 by Pumpkinbot »

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 01:29:22 »
Firstly, the object layers (4, 5, 6, 7) can be put on top of each other. e.g. to fix the wtf room,  you could put rain in bank 4 and water in bank 5.
Actualy, I know that. I learned it after I made the room and decided I liked the room too much to just remove it.

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 01:31:33 »
Uhm...Purple? I'd put the info about the...
...in a spoiler.

Offline Onematty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 02:16:18 »
Uhm...Purple? I'd put the info about the...
...in a spoiler.
I'm actualy editing Rain right now adding more scenery and basicly doing away with the WTF Room...

Offline Pumpkinbot

• View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 03:52:05 »
I'm actualy editing Rain right now adding more scenery and basicly doing away with the WTF Room...
When you're done, post and I'll check it out again. :)

Offline AmADizii

• From The Black Comes Rays Of Hope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 04:53:20 »
I surusly can't help this.
TeamWork - Gives The Enemy More People To Shoot At.

- Unknown.