Issue with Shifts and Music

• 3 Replies

Offline Nizzeh

• View Profile
Issue with Shifts and Music
« on: April 18, 2011, 20:39:21 »
I'm fairly new to this, but figured out most of it now, the only problem I have is whenever I shift and play a cutscene, when the cutscene ends, the music stops completely, not even playing the music the target screen is meant to play.

Any way to fix that?

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Issue with Shifts and Music
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 21:14:12 »
There's a Shift property (Stop Music) that stops any music after the Shift is activated, but I think it's False by default, so it's not that. I suppose it just works that way.

Ambiance isn't affected by this, so you might want to use it instead of Music, provided the automatic looping isn't a problem for you.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Nizzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 21:17:54 »
Yeah that's pretty much what I resorted to, guess it's just an editor limitation really

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 01:13:38 »
I think it's a bug in the program. When a cutscene plays the music from gameplay is stopped, but a variable used to determine if music is playing is left on. Even if you switch songs after a cutscene the volume is left at full which confuses the music fader.

I always use the shift to stop music as AA suggests, and I put no music on the destination screen. I also set the destination screen outside of the normal map and use warps to put the player back into the normal map when they leave the room. If the player returns to the room, then music will play as it should.