Upcoming maintainance thursday 21st of April, between 0:00 and 6:00 CEST (GMT+2)

• 10 Replies

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
I have received a notification email that the performance of our server is below the expected level of performance.

For this reason, my website with all its content will be moved to a different server. Although most will be without trouble, I will have to alter some MySQL settings in order to make the website operational again. This makes the transition a bit harder but definatelly not impossible.

I will leave sufficient information available for the other admins to help if that is possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience, even though this is completely out of my control.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
Thx for the notice, at least. How different will the forums be after the move? As in faster,different settings, that kind of thing.
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
For the forum users, the biggest change you'd notice is that it might be faster. Apart from the downtime. Behaviour should not change in any fashion, unless something goes REALLY wrong.
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Indeed. The site is pretty fast by itself, but occasionally, I see that we have database errors. This should be things of the past. And perhaps the site will perform a little bit better in speed, but Not sure...

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Pick Yer Poison

• One cool cat.
    • View Profile
Glad to know you guys are paying attention to that sort of thing. :D

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Maintenance has been completed. It is possible that the site will give a database error here or there for the rest of the day. Try refreshing it. If things really go bad, I will look into it, but it should all be okay now.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
I can already see it going a little faster! :D
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
Eh..? The forum seems to be running a little slow right now. Maybe it's just me?

Offline Yoeri

• Normality is relative
    • View Profile
    • Bumper's business
Eh..? The forum seems to be running a little slow right now. Maybe it's just me?

No problems here...

Offline LPChip

• View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
I don't have any problems either. Can be your internet connection or just the fact that you're not in located in europe. Your connection will travel some hops and if one of these hops is slower, the entire page will be slower.

MODPlug Central Forum

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
Hmm.. that might be it, the hops thing. Shouldn't be too bad, though!