[Small/Environmental] - Warmth

• 7 Replies

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
[Small/Environmental] - Warmth
« on: April 10, 2011, 04:24:29 »
Hey! My first release is all done! It should take you from 4 to 10 minutes to complete everything there is to do in there... so yes, it's small. But I worked for at least 3 weeks on it, it has good music, custom objects, and lots of testing done. It's the conclusion of an idea that was born months ago. So I sure hope you enjoy those minutes  C) (made my first warp flag too!)
I appreciate your feedback, of course!
On my next level, Metroid Landings, I haven't worked much for the past month, but I get new ideas occasionally and it remains my main project. I'll keep you updated.

http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Variad-Warmth.knytt.bin
(I reduced the size of the music files as much as possible, so it's down to 7,8 MB)

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 22:03:42 by variad »

Offline lamarblake

• ICU
    • View Profile
Re: [Small/Environmental] - Warmth
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 06:05:47 »
beautiful. period. thanks for sharing

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 13:14:17 »
Well done. The music, the story, the graphics, they all fit together so well. I really like how you created depth here, as well as the little touches with inaccessible doors and death prevention.

Offline RichardJ

• View Profile
    • My Flickr photostream
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 13:33:13 »
I really enjoyed this. I've only played through once, but I'm going to do so a lot more times. I loved the depth perspective - I've seen it done before but never as well as you did it here. The music fit the mood perfectly, too. Very well done!

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 22:01:32 »
Thanks to all, I really appreciate your comments!  C)

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 00:20:15 »
Because I make a Japan themed level, I'd be some sort of manga-anime-cross-dressing maniac? I'm not one of "those", or whatever the stereotype you put me in. I just made it during the earthquake event. Sorry that you hated the ending, but it's part of the level's meaning.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 18:03:33 »
The depth/perspective thing is very original, but it felt a bit weird when the foreground wasn't readily distinguishable from the background, e.g. already on the second screen, and especially on x997y1000 - so odd since the perspective isn't working on the knytts in the background. But other than that, and the weird "mother nature lost its mind" screens, I enjoyed the level a lot. Its a pity you're not employing this kind of visual depth in Metroid Landings, but I hope you make more levels, some of them maybe developing this idea?  ;)