[Maze, Normal, Demo] Zen Garden

• 4 Replies

Offline Healy

• View Profile
[Maze, Normal, Demo] Zen Garden
« on: May 09, 2011, 05:53:03 »
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been here in a while. To make up for it, how about a new level?

I actually started making this for the sections themed contest back around last August (remember that?) but I didn't finish it in time, sadly enough. Anyway, it'd be a shame to let such a thing go to waste, so I'll throw it up here so that even if I don't ever finish it, people'll still get a level to play.

It's a maze level, but I don't have a lot of experience with those so I don't know if I did a good enough job with it or not. At the very least, I tried to make the scenery look good. You can download it here.

Offline rs0320

• View Profile
Re: [Maze, Normal, Demo] Zen Garden
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:57:37 »
Wow. Just wow. It's brilliant. Absolute dynamite. I was gonna write what you did well and what you did wrong, but this is flawless (fitting of the name). The atmosphere, the design, even the colors of Juni is perfect. Really. And this is even just a demo. Wow.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 12:19:19 »
It's lovely. Please tell us you'll finish it.

Offline Healy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:44:53 »
Thanks for the feedback, guys! This level's on my backburner right now (same as Knytt Stories in general, really), but I'll try to finish it up as soon as I can. In the meantime, I've finished another level that I'll post to the forums probably tomorrow.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 17:49:00 »
Good job on designing the mazes and the various environments. But I actually liked the very first part of the level best - leaving your house, exploring those first screens, that felt so authentic. Anyway, I hope you finish this someday  :)