Time Fixes Everything

• 44 Replies

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Re: Time Fixes Everything
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 22:01:32 »
Another update, just to let people know that I'm working on this. Very, very, very slowly, but there is some progress.
I apologize specially to people who volunteered to beta test, and helped me a lot with the first beta, as I promised to send them new versions a long time ago, but never did. Again, it's not really lack of time, I just lose motivation very easily.
But everyone on this forum is probably used to that, as I've seen many other levels that never got finished.

I have been working on alternative endings, and while I said before "don't expect the usual good ending/bad ending that you see in most levels", well, that seems to be exactly what I came up with. It wasn't intentional, but I guess I'm not very creative.

The thing that usually holds me back is the custom objects. At first they were fun to make, but I was never good at animations, low resolution pixelated style makes it easier. But as soon as there is something a bit more complex, it becomes very frustrating and I usually skip to something else when I have to make a new CO. I may be way to lazy for this, but one day it will be finished, and I won't rush it like last time.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2011, 01:29:25 »
I thought the animations in Kera were pretty good. One of the things that set it apart. In fact, I've been planning to ask you for permission to modify the mother for use in my next level when I start working on it. Anyway, you are good at animations. I'm sure this will be a great level when it's finished.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2012, 14:24:42 »
Yet another progress report.
Working on the ending effects and cutscenes, they are pretty hard to make.
Also adding a quite large extra that I think should be very interesting.
Also considering extending some areas, again.

The longer I take to finish this the less impressed I am by it, I have actually considered completely changing the visual style but fortunately I changed my mind. I don't wanna rush it, but I don't want to take forever to finish this, specially given the relatively small size of the level.

Offline ixMarcel

• I'll get you during my next save game!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2012, 19:36:26 »
Yeach  :^^: I'm waiting too! This is the most pretty level on thr forum.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 00:19:13 »
Here is a progress report.
This level now requires egomassive's Knytt Stories mod. After testing both this mod and the Extended Version by GrayFace, I decided that even though GrayFace's mod can handle everything ego's mod can, I would need a lot more external help with Extended Version, and I prefer to do as much as possible by myself (progress is already slow as is). They are both great mods, but ego's won in this particular level. Although in the future I'd love to make a level with the capabilities of the Extended Version.

When I made my last progress report, I was actually a lot closer to finishing the level than I am now. Porting the mod over to ego's mod will make it take even longer, but I believe it's worth it. Besides the port, the more I play, the more I get bored with the level, so I'm trying to improve it and make it look more alive. People liked the Custom Objects I made before so I'm going to keep focusing on them, I already have more than 70 files in my custom object folder (although some of them might be replaced by ego mod features), there is a lot of animation and I plan on making a lot more.

I feel this deserved to big a much bigger level, and I'm still trying to find ways to make it bigger, because I've spent so much time redoing the entire level, I want this to be really good, I want people to enjoy it and care for the story, and most importantly understand it (my biggest fear is that the weird way I tell the story makes it confusing, even though it's kind of cliché).

I just felt like typing a bit so this is the state of things right now, I really think this will be at least a good level, if anything people will like the pretty COs :)

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2012, 17:57:02 »
New beta testers needed!
It has been almost a year since I did the closed Beta for this level, and I can't expect the people who volunteered last time to be available again. As I said before, this level is now made for egomassive's Knytt Stories mod, and has been through a lot of changes, and will be through a lot more. That is why I need a new set of beta testers. People who volunteered last time need to volunteer again. The Beta should be sent around next week or during this weekend to the new beta testers, and there will be no time limit to submit bug reports, so even if you think you won't be available right away, that's OK.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 17:58:35 by Raicuparta »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
Re: Time Fixes Everything (BETA testers needed!)
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2012, 21:03:41 »
I'll be willing to beta Test this!

Offline Mirror Sound

• tumblr: mirrorsoundks.tumblr.com ask me stuff. :)
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2012, 21:33:00 »
I'd love to beta test. That is, if you will have me. :)
Juni's Great Adventures 2 - to be released December.
Medieval Landscape - Postponed until the release of Juni's Great Adventures 2

mynameisteja.tumblr.com
a friend from school. c: follow her plz?

Offline Fubaka

• We are the music makers.
    • View Profile
    • My Music Page
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2012, 00:58:59 »
I will beta test for you!
Things to remember when writing figures of speech and sound:
The power of poetry comes from the ability to defy logic. Defy logic often.

Use a metaphor and tell us that your lover is the sky. Tell us that your lover is the sky. When you do that, we won't believe you. We won't believe you because saying so makes no sense, but we'll see a meaning. We'll see a meaning.

The other thing is the ability to be remembered. Love anything.

Love anything

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2012, 04:50:59 »
I'm still available for beta testing.

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 01:31:08 »
I'm also up for testing.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2013, 10:47:54 »
Progress report.
Over a year ago, I said I was releasing a closed beta "around next week", and still haven't done as promised. I have been dragging this out for so long, I just want it finished. The level is just a huge mess right now and I don't even know what to do with it anymore, I've thought about doing it from scratch yet again but that would probably make it worse. I really want to release this but can't find the patience to deal with all the problems in it, it's just no longer fun.

So while this isn't dead, it's very close to. If someone has any advice on this, I'm all ears.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2013, 11:44:54 »
Just release it as it is with the disclaimer that it's an old project you're no longer interested in working on?

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2013, 11:46:56 »
Just release it as it is with the disclaimer that it's an old project you're no longer interested in working on?
The will be my last resort yes. But there's just so much potential here, I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible. But I won't just keep it for myself forever, that's for sure.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2013, 23:53:43 »
If someone has any advice on this, I'm all ears.
Making a list of things you need to do is always useful. It will help you plan your time efficiently. When you don't feel like doing a particular task, then you can look to your list for a different one. Deleting items from your list as you complete them makes you feel accomplished.