Time Fixes Everything

• 44 Replies

Offline Feline Monstrosity

• Pussy cat, pussy cat..
    • View Profile
Re: Raicuparta's Unnamed Level
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 19:23:55 »
Glad to hear it, this looks cool.
"In the world there is nothing more submissive and weak than water. Yet for attacking that which is hard and strong nothing can surpass it. "  ~Lao Tzu

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 22:51:21 »
I'm happy that everyone's so happy :)

Finnally, some progress. Had to install Ubuntu and run the level editor through Wine, makes it much less annoying to use, close to perfect. The problem is that I had to run Photoshop trough Wine too, and it crashes some times and has other problems. But besides that, It's going well. There are also a few animations I can't make in Ubuntu, so I'll leave those for later. It's going to be the hardest part in the entire level, so it's actually good that I can focus on the level design / new visuals for now.

Just added two new areas. I have most of the story thought through, but I'm kind of improvising on the level design as I go, I don't have anything planned for that. Got to a point that will probably have at least two paths, that could eventually change the entire game from that point. Still have to plan that part a little better, as that would have a great influence on the story itself. I'm definitively going to have multiple endings, that I have decided some time ago.
I'm also adding some optional stuff along the way, that won't change the entire game, maybe just near the end.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 07:45:56 »
Can you use GIMP? That has an Ubuntu native version.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 13:08:34 »
Can you use GIMP? That has an Ubuntu native version.
Yes, I'm also giving GIMP a shot, not really enjoying my experience... Its hard for someone whos been using Photoshop for years now to use GIMP. For the tilesets I guess it's fine, as I only need the most basic stuff, but for CO's and backgrounds, thats another story.

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 02:39:19 »
As many of the few KS levels being made, this one is evolving very slowly. But to show it isn't dead already, I decided to add a new screen. Trying not to give too much away.
In this screenshot, you can see a new area. My areas are pretty lazy, most of them being just a new color, really. But I think it gives a really nice felling on the transition.
You can also see some Custom Objects there, with the sewer theme. I modified some of KS default objects to fit the different themes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:42:44 by Raicuparta »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Re: Time Fixes Everything - Beta Testers Needed!
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2011, 05:25:32 »
I am working on this every day now, and while I'm having some slow progress, I really want to end this as soon as possible. But I'm gonna need some help before I finish this:
Mainly, I'll need some beta testers with some extra requests, even if it's just one. Before I start making cut scenes, characters and other story line related stuff, I'll send that version of the level to these testers. Aside from actually doing the job of a beta tester, I need them to tell what are the most appropriate proprieties to define this level (category, difficulty, size).
I don't think it is going to be big at all, so you won't need to much time to test this.

Zydragazum

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 06:37:06 »
I am willing to test this. Looks great!

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 12:04:57 »
I'd be happy to test, but I'm terrible at deciding what difficulty KS levels are so I don't know how useful I'd be.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:23 »
I'd be happy to test! The screenshots look fabulous.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 12:27:04 by Talps »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 01:09:35 »
3 people should be more than enough. Thanks for your support, I'll try to contact you via PM as soon as I finish my Beta version.

@sergiocornaga
That's totally OK, I'm glad to have your help.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:13:05 by Raicuparta »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Re: Time Fixes Everything
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 05:15:46 »
I just sent the Beta version to 3 beta testers. I'm posting this here in case something goes wrong with the PMs or something  :ohnoes:

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 01:13:57 »
Hope this isn't considered bumping, but I'm going to make a status update on this, to try to keep the interest and give some info to the people who are interested (I know you are out there!):

What I've already done
  • Most of the level design. If I add any new areas, they will almost definitely be extras or hidden areas. Also, there is one particular area that needs some major visual changes, but the design itself should remain the same, so that shouldn't take too long.
  • Animated COs. At least the most difficult ones to make are already done.
  • Tilesets and Gradients. Apart from the area I was referring to before, there isn't much to do here.

What isn't done/is far from done
  • The main plot. I have the story itself, but very little of it is actually in the level.
  • Character sprites. Most of them will be static or almost static.
  • Music selection. I didn't compose anything and am not planning on doing that, for lack of time. So I just got some music I could use for free, at at least part of it feels like it really fits the ambiance I'm trying to create. Right now I only have 3 songs, but I'm thinking about having 4 or 5 for the different areas. But I find it very, very hard to find one that has the right feel.
  • Some side quests. Not sure if I'll ever implement this, because of the problems I have with the small number of flags, but if I can work around this (I have though of a good way to do this, but even before doing it, I already know it's gonna be very boring and annoying to pull off) I will add some interesting/funny quests for the explorers.
  • More endings. I already have the mechanisms that lead to different endings (even though I only implemented one so far), but I didn't really figure out what they will be. But don't expect the usual "good ending/bad ending" that you see in most levels.

The problem is, in little more than a month, I'll be already preparing my way to college (university). It only recently got to me that I had to finish this before that, or else I would have to delay this, a lot. So If you don't see this finished in a month, more or less, don't expect it to be out anytime near that.

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 08:38:06 »
looks like I could be making some music for this level :) so excited as I haven't really done much KS related in ages.
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 22:46:36 »
I feel kinda bad that I didn't work on this for a while, I had the chance, even without my laptop. But I just didn't feel like working on it for a while, and forgot to release a new beta. Worry not, as I will continue working on it in a day or two, and will send the next beta to my beta testers as soon as possible. I promised I was going to do this a few weeks ago,  so sorry.

Also, I'd like to add that while I wasn't working on this level, I have been working on a secret tribute level, something that is much more fun for me to make. This level won't take too long to finish, unless for some reason I get way to excited about it (I hope I don't, just want to make something simple and small).

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 15:19:30 »
Very glad to hear that!  Lost work is like a root canal.  Oh wait, I think we had a discussion that someone liked those.  :/ 

Yeah, the last picture is actually like something I was going to try to do one day, like being in a huge underground pipe system.  Good work!