Forum Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2018, 09:25:37 | See new unread posts
Home Help Search Arcade Chat Login Register

nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Temporary  |  Knytt Stories Level Releases  |  Topic: [Challenge/Scenic/Small(ish)] Petals of a Dying Flower « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: [Challenge/Scenic/Small(ish)] Petals of a Dying Flower  (Read 24476 times)
Talps

Total My honestly gotten stars: 118

...especially in a life-or-death situation.

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:30:57 »

The website that's been eating all my time recently is down today, so I finally found time to add the finishing touches to my newest level,

Thanks to my slowly learning to be good at this level design lark, the difficulty for this level is less suspect than my previous two levels (which are worth playing anyway!).
It's artistic, and whatever plot there is I can't describe without ruining it, which isn't to say there isn't a plot: you get to work it out for yourself.

There is one screenshot below, but to see more, all you have to do is click on the download link and wait! :P

Best played in fullscreen mode.

If you play it, please let me know what you think! There's no point me making them when it seems like no one's playing :(

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 11:52:30 by Talps » Logged

ortoslon

Total My honestly gotten stars: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 13:43:05 »

playthrough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CLoXGIBX_4

EDIT: i'd be glad if you made a version of the level without copyrighted music, right now that video is blocked in germany

typo: the correct link for "October Air" is http://ccmixter.org/files/nhomas/17056

if i'll find enough other good new levels and get around to write another TIGSource post about KS levels, i'll include this one
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 22:47:23 by ortoslon » Logged
Talps

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 14:39:14 »

I think I'll get on and do the whole village opening section soon.

The copyrighted song is only the first half of the song, which as it was freely available online as a sample, i thought I'd be ok to use.

if i'll find enough other good new levels and get around to write another TIGSource post about KS levels, i'll include this one

*tears of joy*

lamarblake

Total My honestly gotten stars: 4

ICU

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 16:19:22 »

Sweet! Best new level in a long time. Just enough challenge to make it fun but not too impossible at all. Thanks!
Miss Paula

Total My honestly gotten stars: 30

I demand more of these.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 18:17:14 »

I really enjoyed it, it's beautiful. :heart:

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
shorter hidden star codeshorter hidden star codeshorter hidden star codeshorter hidden star code:fish:shorter hidden star codeshorter hidden star codeshorter hidden star codeshorter hidden star code
shorter hidden star code
powderj

Total My honestly gotten stars: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 19:32:50 »

Wow.  That was a really fun level.  It makes me happy that amazing levels like this are still being created.
ortoslon

Total My honestly gotten stars: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 22:58:56 »

i've reuploaded the video without sound because i don't want to jeopardize my channel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4kV1GjlRE8

Talps, i'll send you the original clip so that you could host it yourself
Talps

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 00:42:06 »

Don't have a youtube account (at least one I use) so don't worry about it. Thanks anyway. You could edit the level file to remove the track and record it again; sorry that it's a problem for you.

Also, thanks everyone! I'm really glad this is going down so well!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:03:49 by Talps » Logged

sergiocornaga
Beta Tester

Total My honestly gotten stars: 129

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 01:41:49 »

This is still one of my favourite Knytt Stories levels. I like the intro screen modifications. I'm a little disappointed you decided not to use my Tileset7 edit since it fixed so many little collision issues, but it's not something you asked me to do and it's ultimately your choice to make.

I've uploaded it here for anyone wanting to try it out.

Tileset7.png 
* Tileset7.png  
Talps

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 10:08:20 »

Sorry, I just really didn't like the pointiness of the 10th-11th tiles from the left.

egomassive

Total My honestly gotten stars: 232

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 11:01:17 »

Great level!
Salmoneous

Total My honestly gotten stars: 25

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 09:54:59 »

very nice level.

I think the level should have ended after the forest part. it just seemed like a good way to end it with the hard way there. like the calm after the storm. it feelt like an ending with the nice piano music and when you could see the light instead you go into yet another place, which also seemed like the least thoughtful place in the level. however it's a great level and that's a minor complaint.

yohji

Total My honestly gotten stars: 18

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 12:35:18 »

Terrific level! Certainly the best in a long time. However, I'm with Salmoneus on the forest part - I thought it was a perfect way to end the level, and was actually a bit disappointed to discover yet another section of caves...  O_o Otherwise, very enjoyable and very beautiful, thank you for making this  :)

variad

Total My honestly gotten stars: 0

Living on the edges

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 01:45:12 »

I'm curious now! About what the others are saying... it seems like you added something at the end... hmmm.  I'll play it through again, because anyway, it was very enjoyable the first time  C)

GrayFace

Total My honestly gotten stars: 54

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 11:38:30 »

Great level.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
nifflas.ni2.se  |  Nifflas' Support Forum  |  Temporary  |  Knytt Stories Level Releases  |  Topic: [Challenge/Scenic/Small(ish)] Petals of a Dying Flower « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length