copyright

• 3 Replies

Offline arfa

• View Profile
copyright
« on: March 18, 2011, 01:51:52 »
I am relatively new to MMF (and Nifflas' work) and am about to finish my first game.
Music is something I am really bad at. There is a 155mb download of Nifflas' music but I have a terrible www connection.

I was wondering about the copyright status of the music that comes with "In a Deep Forest". There are a couple of tracks there that would work well but I don't want to use them unless they are available for general use.

He seems very generous with so much of his work that I figure it is OK but thought it worth checking -- and... joining in a bit here and checking things out.

cheers - arfa

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: copyright
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:23:40 »
Within a deep forest has music by many musicians. Nifflas is not able to give approval for music he didn't make, so you'll need to contact the person(s) who made the song(s) you want to use, or alternatively, ask for music here on the forums specially designed for your level.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline arfa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 10:25:36 »
Thanks for the reply LPChip

Now I understand the prefix for each track 'metasonix_' etc.

The main reason for posting here was to not both Nifflas with "yet another" email.

The main track of interest is by Nifflas so, unless I hear otherwise here in the next day or so, I will will email him.

Offline arfa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 13:03:38 »
I emailed N. using the contact page. I would have been surprised to get a reply. I didn't :)

If anyone knows of a site that has similar (copyright free) backing loops or simple sound...?

Most things I have found are really bad - bouncy bubble gum synth or serious theme statements - jazz, new age seashore etc.

I have the tools and time but... thick ears - no music.