• 7 Replies

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
Scribble States [Edutainment/Quiz]
« on: March 17, 2011, 20:35:27 »
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/402158

Scribble States is a fun little edutainment game that quizzes you about US states! You can set the difficulty by adjusting the timer, selecting the number of questions, types of questions you will be asked etc. etc. Basically, you get a connect-the-dots image, and after you connect them, you will be asked either what is the name of the state you just drew, its capital or its nickname! I know it sounds boring, but it's incredibly addicting and fun.

Here's my report card thingy, I got it on Slow Timer, State Names, Nicknames and Capitals, 10 Questions.

(Don't click on it, use the link I provided)

Yeah I suck :(

Post your own results!

Here's a screenshot:

=|=
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 20:38:00 by Yukabacera »
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Re: Scribble States [Edutainment/Quiz]
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 00:55:29 »
what a boring game... I hate educational games. :/  (sorry for being so blunt, but it is pretty boring) also has no relevance if you don't live in the US.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 12:16:31 »
what a boring game... I hate educational games. :/  (sorry for being so blunt, but it is pretty boring) also has no relevance if you don't live in the US.

I understand what you mean about not liking educational games, I was never a huge fan either but this one was sort of an exception.

Also, I think that's a very closed-minded attitude to have about it not having any relevance if you're not a resident of the US. I'm not about to start some kind of country vs. country discussion here, but unless you're some kind of crazy nationalist I think it's good to learn about foreign places too. Just my opinion though.

(also, the first comment on the game's page is of a guy bragging about how he got an A even though he doesn't even live in the US or anywhere near North America, how ironic.)

Even if you don't like the game, thanks for commenting, I always like to hear what other people think!  :)

EDIT: Yay I got an A!

=|=
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:20:24 by Yukabacera »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 14:26:56 »
I kind of agree with MathExpert. As foreigners, its really hard to recognize the shape of a state and identify it with its name. I do know most names of the states, but I only got 2 right by guessing. Since you have to draw the images yourself, its really hard to learn the states that way.

For a foreigner, this game really is not that interesting. Its fun to disable everything but drawing, but it does get bored rather fast.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 15:04:56 »
Oh well, feel free to lock this thread then.

=|=

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 17:22:07 »
Why would I want to lock the thread? There's nothing wrong with the game itself, we just gave our opinion of the game. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 17:49:19 »
I know that, yes, but seeing as the only people who checked it out don't like it, I don't think we should keep it open. I mean, if the majority doesn't like it...?

=|=

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 18:35:52 »
I'm... horrible at geography. I live in the USA, got a 56. F.
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~