How to get hidden passages using the eye?

• 2 Replies
How to get hidden passages using the eye?
« on: March 12, 2011, 20:06:12 »
Hello, I need a little bit more help. Sorry for the spam.

My problem now is, how do you get hidden passages only seen when you get the eye powerup? For example, http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/xanioz/help.png?t=1299956663 (not my level). The circled red is a passage that only appeared after I got the eye powerup. How do I get these in my own levels?

Thank you for the help!

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
Re: How to get hidden passages using the eye?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 22:37:33 »
The ghost passages are actually made of two objects. The object 17 of the ghost bank (The one that looks like a square with "XWALL" written on it) that makes the player pass trough that tile if he haves the eye. And the objects 18-21 of the ghost bank that simply serves as a visual tip of where you can pass trough the wall.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: How to get hidden passages using the eye?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 23:27:06 »
Do note, that not having the eye means you can't pass through the XWALL object.

If you don't have the eye powerup, and you use the XWALL powerup, those walls will be solid.

You can however, use the eye to mark secret passages that are always accessible, by simply not putting tiles on the 3rd layer, but on the 4th. The objects 18-21 are then only visual markers.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex