Minor bug, mega review

• 5 Replies
Minor bug, mega review
« on: March 05, 2011, 06:40:16 »
Minor bug:
The first star in perpetuum factory cannot be reached if you do not play into that level from  the previous level, as you powers (speed up/slow down) will not be available.

Mega review:
Good game, nice graphics, felt more technical than exploratory which is not really what you want for an atmospheric game like that. The gameplay was nice and felt balanced, where you could actually solve the whole game without thinking TOO hard, and there were genuinely various methods you could use to solve or fluke each puzzle. I liked that - it wasn't a 'one right answer' type of game, and the physics enabled that...
music beautiful,
'plotline' felt tacked on and a little transperant, particularly the end sequence, which while prettyjust felt ridiculous. Otherwise a great game. Enjoyed thoroughly.
M@

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Minor bug, mega review
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:56:05 »
Minor bug:
The first star in perpetuum factory cannot be reached if you do not play into that level from  the previous level, as you powers (speed up/slow down) will not be available.

Your powers are different per level, and each star is reachable. Are you sure you're doing it the right way?
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 12:06:29 »
Minor bug:
The first star in perpetuum factory cannot be reached if you do not play into that level from  the previous level, as you powers (speed up/slow down) will not be available.

Your powers are different per level, and each star is reachable. Are you sure you're doing it the right way?

Read what I wrote again.
If you play through the previous level and enter the star level through that level, you will have access to your powers. If you don't, you won't.
I'm not a retard.

[EDIT: I played through before going back to get the stars. At this point the powers were not available in said level without playing through from previous. Having now collected all stars, powers are available from scratch in said level - however, I don't know whether this is a flag being accidentally set from another level, or a glitch]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 12:11:43 by metamorphosis »

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 12:34:59 »
Hmm... I'm having no problem with what you just described.  I can go into the level after starting the game and can get the star no problem (both normal and alternative)...  It is just the same as If I went into the level from the previous one.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 12:45:29 »
Which version are you playing? The MMF build or the C++ build?

Sounds like a bug in either one of them.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 13:26:42 »
Just started a new game on Normal, played until I got to PFactory, hadn't caught a single star yet. Completed PF, went to menu and picked the level with the first star in the area. Is this how it should be repeatable or did I get it wrong somehow?

I had both powerups when accessing the level this way though. Shall try with the C++ build now. :P

Edit: Ditto on C++ build. Have both powerups no matter how I get into the level (no stars collected this far.)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 13:29:57 by J »
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula