[Small/Challenge/Scenic] Petals of a Dying Flower

• 4 Replies

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
[Small/Challenge/Scenic] Petals of a Dying Flower
« on: February 23, 2011, 23:30:39 »
I saw the world
In the petals of a dying flower

Still procrastinating from my massive, Eurydice-esque epic, I bring you my second short level, the somewhat arty and abstract 'Petals of a Dying Flower'.
I've been working on it on and off since I finished 'My Loving Hadron Collider' and it is now basically finished, as in all the screens are in place and populated with challenges and scenickiness.

(Whoo, viral advertising!)

However, before I release it to the world at large, I'd really like to have it tested by a few people. So if you'd like to test it please say so here or PM me. You'll be credited in the credits, of all places.

Also, I have a small issue with music. I've used custom music for the first time in this level and one of the tracks I've used is about 10 minutes long, which is easily twice as long as it needs to be. It's no great tragedy, but for the sake of the filesize I'd request the help of one of you lovely, talented people to cut it in half and give it a smooth fade-out at the end (it's a very ambient piece of music so it'll still sound fine). Again, if you're able and willing to help me with this, please PM me or tell me here and I'll send you the MP3 (or the .ogg if you prefer!)

So yeah. I don't want to give too much away with screenshots but the one below, which comes from an early part of the level, will tell you the very basics of what I was going for.
If you're willing to share miraculous music manipulation... powers (dangit) PM me or post here, and/or if you want to test it, PM me or post here!

Release will come once testing is done.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 18:08:36 by Talps »

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
Re: [Small/Challenge/Scenic] Petals of a Dying Flower
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 04:03:49 »
I was ready to download it until I found out this is just a preview thread. I have too much going on to commit to testing, but if no one else volunteers I can edit your audio. In all honesty, I'm very musically un-talented. My Audacity skills are sufficient for simple alterations though.

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 05:27:37 »
It'd be a pleasure to test it! I'll send you a PM.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 13:01:06 »
I'm interested in testing and I can probably edit your audio if need be... however, like egomassive, I'd be using Audacity, so I can't say for sure if I'd do a favourable job to him. So... put me down unless someone offers to do the job using ridiculously overpowered software, I guess? Send me the MP3 (assuming that was the original file format) in the meantime and I'll see what I can do.

P.S. your link to My Loving Hadron Collider appears to link to Eurydice as well!

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 17:40:19 »
!
P.S. your link to My Loving Hadron Collider appears to link to Eurydice as well!
Dangit.
(Fix'd.)

Also, hooray! I was starting to worry no one would offer to test  :shocked:

So thanks. I have three testers now; that's a good number :P One more would not be turned away but I'm happy with three. I should have the link PMed shortly. And I'll send the music to Sergio, as Ego said he's busy. Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 18:09:02 by Talps »