Nightsky History

• 5 Replies
Nightsky History
« on: February 23, 2011, 00:52:18 »
Can't spot anything, does anybody know what happened here?
Originally for Wiiware, left to rot for several years, now on PC but not on steam?
Ostensibly by Nifflas, but opening credits show it as a Nicalis game?
Whassamadawitchu?

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
Re: Nightsky History
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:22:02 »
The game was programmed and designed by Nifflas, and produced by Nicalis. Nicalis wanted it to be Wiiware exclusive at first but later changed their minds and decided to release a PC version too, but they didn't want it on Steam, so it's not. They're still going to release a Wiiware version eventually too.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 14:00:41 »
Other than that Jamie's working on the C++ port to help with cross-platform compatibility, that's all I know aswell. Nifflas was under a NDA so the only information we got had to trickle out through Nicalis.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 00:31:52 »
Wait, it's not already written in C++? What the hell did they write it in then, if it functions on both Wii and PC?

Offline chipset

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:04:00 »
Wait, it's not already written in C++? What the hell did they write it in then, if it functions on both Wii and PC?

The PC version of NightSky was made using MMF2. As for the Wii version, it would probably have to be coded with a programming language like C++, but that code would be specific for the Wii platform.
:hiddenstar: - thanks AClockworkLemon!

Offline rebel28

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 19:04:00 »
The PC version of NightSky was made using MMF2

Oh crap, Just when I thought Nifflas was good at MMF2, you say he made Nightsky (and I assume Saira) with MMF2 AS WELL..... damn he's awesome. Well now I know that MMF2 can be flipping amazing if used well.

Well done Nifflas, I really enjoyed Saira and Nightsky, I didn't encounter any problems, just a lot of frustration from losing :P

Keep up The Great Work.... see what I did there :)