Adventure or Settling?

• 24 Replies

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
Adventure or Settling?
« on: February 22, 2011, 19:22:38 »
Well, since I see no games like Messville running, I suppose I'll host one.
At the start, all players who decided to play will start on a green plains. They can decide to start a settlement, or go out adventuring.
Rules:
1. I decide what happens, no one else.
2. You can leave mid-game. If you do, someone else, if anyone wants to, can take your place. If you decide to come back, you must wait for an open slot.
3. There are as many slots as people who decided to join at the start.
4. If I give you a "make up a choice", you have to do something that I think you are able to. If not, I'll tell you.
5. All players will start on the same level.
6. Inventory at start: 1000 Gold, 50 building supplies, a dagger.

Costs:
50 building supplies and 500 gold for a house.

For now, I need to see how many people want to play.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 19:31:20 by jetio4 »
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Adventure or Settling?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 22:13:12 »
Can you elaborate what Messvile is? I have no idea what it is, so I can't picture what the objective of the game is. That makes it hard for me to see what you need to do in order to say... win it.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 23:27:34 »
Ok. Messville was a game some other people made and hosted.
About THIS game.. As adventurers, you find money in dungeons. I decide the amounts and stuff. As a Settler, you make money depending on how well your town does. You can work together with other settlers or even adventurers to do things depending on what you have. How about to win? After 30 or so Rounds, there are 2 winners: The richest settler BASED ON CURRENT MONEY AND PROPERTY, and best adventurer based on deaths, dungeons cleared, players killed, etc. If you die, you lose 2 turns. Everyone starts with 100 HP, and 1 attack 0 Defense. All are upgradeable. You can transfer money to others. You get money on killing other players. Towns will automatically give some money to players. Treat this as an RPG... when this game is over, I'll decide if I rehost or let someone else do so. Anything else?
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 16:31:10 »
Can you elaborate what Messvile is? I have no idea what it is, so I can't picture what the objective of the game is. That makes it hard for me to see what you need to do in order to say... win it.
The Messville Chronicles is a series of forumgames set up by Yukabacera. The player can choose to either work on the 200th floor of Northbridge Tower, or go on an adventure to find out why the elevator 'broke' all of a sudden. The latter one was, however, necessary to do in order to win. It died eventually, the second game being full of plot holes.

Edit: Also, i'd like the first slot in this thing, as an adventurer.

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 18:25:16 »
*waits for more people*
:\
This game is NOT closed, nor will it ever be ever really "closed", even if it dies. Just saying, Straight.

Offline Yukabacera

• Tasen Soldier (LL868:ALDK)
    • View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 18:51:20 »
I'd like to join as a Settler!

=|=
:hiddenstar: My only one.

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 19:16:43 »
1-1....
Might as well as get this started so I know what to expect next time.
Game will start in around 5 days.
Or... 1 day after both/all players say "ready"
Or... when it gets to 3 settlers and at least 1 adventurer

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 00:12:42 »
I think i will join as a settler
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 23:39:56 »
Ok. Preparations for the game GO!

Adventurer(s), would you like to go to: A mountain, a forest, a cave, or grassy plain? All have different dangers and rewards. If you die there, you lose 2 rounds. You now have 100 HP, 2 attack, 1 defense. More on that later.

Settlers, would you like to settle on: An ocean, as a port town? OR a prairie, as a farm town? OR near a cave, as a mining town? Choose carefully; you cannot move. Only 1 person can settle in one type of ares; if a person chooses the port city, no one else can. First come, first serve. You now have 100 HP, 2 defense, and 1 attack.

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 23:44:25 »
I'll pick a mining town!

=|=

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 14:08:35 »
I go to the nearest oceanic coast.
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 17:46:31 »
I choose to epicraidventurezorz a mountain.

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 20:30:15 »
As everyone appears to be here, we'll begin early.

Yuka:
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

Firecat:

SF:

Well that took forever on the PS3... anyways, this is the start of Round 1 of Adventure or Settling!*

*name may change next game if there is one
Edit: I would like everyone to know that everyone has to do an action for every round.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 20:34:25 by jetio4 »

Offline Yukabacera

• View Profile
    • The Yukabacera Files
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 08:44:54 »
I'll build a settlement. and then wildly run around yelling YEAH THIS IS MY TOWN B*TCHES

=|=
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 20:03:59 by Yukabacera »

Offline jetio4

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 18:38:44 »
I'll build a settlement.
Oops, forgot something.
What would you like to call it?