KS Round Robin - Reloaded

• 129 Replies

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
Re: KS Round Robin - Reloaded
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 15:13:59 »
I'm having trouble with your download link, Firecat. Does anyone share my issues?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 01:59:52 »
^: I got it without trouble. I just checked and the link still works for me.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:38:09 »
It's working for me now, too. Guess it just had some downtime yesterday.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 13:55:06 »
Thanks for the work Firecat.  I just did some quick testing (all I have time for right now) and the tourist path is looking very nice!  There are a lot of very creative screens in there which makes me almost wish the area was larger! 

However, if the player has all the power ups, x1013y1000 has a wall swim problem if you go through the left side, and x1015y1000 has a wall swim issue if you climb up.  Hmm... maybe the player can't get all power ups prior to that area... 

And I don't know what I did wrong, but I couldn't find the "random guy at the end of Mountainside Village."  Does he appear only when you do some of the lab work?

And we may want to tweak the minor edits to the explorer path just because it is visually jarring.

Thank ya thank ya.  Anyone next?

Offline Firecat

• Every bit is important.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 14:56:04 »
However, if the player has all the power ups, x1013y1000 has a wall swim problem if you go through the left side, and x1015y1000 has a wall swim issue if you climb up.  Hmm... maybe the player can't get all power ups prior to that area...
I designed that place to only work with Run  and Climb powerups. as they are the only ones received at the start, and the only other powerups in the game get lost when you leave the area they are used for.
And I don't know what I did wrong, but I couldn't find the "random guy at the end of Mountainside Village."  Does he appear only when you do some of the lab work?
Yes, you must first go to the room with the keyholes (The original trigger) in order to the guy to appear. I think it isn't the best solution to fix the flag problem, as it would cause confusion. Do you have any ideas on how to tell Juni that the keys are in the cave while still keeping Lab 3 abandoned?  I was thinking in adding a computer with a log telling a co-worker where to find the keys in case they have to open the reactor, but i didn't want to modify the lab.
And we may want to tweak the minor edits to the explorer path just because it is visually jarring.
Do you said it because of the pyramid?.Yeah, Its hard to make a completely diagonal landscape that doesn't wall-swim, So i just added some holes.

I'm looking forward for this level to be complete. :)
There's 110011 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, Those who don't, and those who confuse it with ASCII.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2011, 00:09:55 »
I like the computer idea a lot, but I'm just curious why the guy couldn't just always be there and say something like, "I saw some keys in the caves.  Wonder how they got there?"  Shoot, I never understood why the caves have to be blocked by the character's fear anyway. 

Ahh, but that doesn't matter.  As long as the guy appears, we are good to go and I really must stop being picky so we can get this level done.  :)

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 01:50:20 »
I haven't played the latest version yet, but is there anything that points you towards the ice cave after seeing the keyholes? If a player went there before and saw nothing, they may not return when they need to.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 03:08:05 »
I think that is the role of the guy in the village, though I"m concerned the player may not know to get to him.  Soooo.. perhaps the computer idea is the best.

Offline jetio4

• :hug:
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 18:58:48 »
(9 Days Later)So... anyone working on it?
Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do~<br /><br />Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true~

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 13:33:29 »
No one has said they are working on it.  I'm getting closer and closer to releasing my current project as a beta test to a few willing players, so it is hard for me to pull away from that to work on this.  So the answer is no, not at the moment.

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2011, 05:28:05 »
well... this topic seems to be dead...

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:04 »
The enthusiasm this level once enjoyed is gone, but I don't think it's dead. I plan to take a turn at some point, but like Headgrinder, I have a different KS project that needs to be completed first.

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 02:49:37 »
I suppose I can't be blamed for all the loss of enthusiasm, though I have semi dropped the ball to work on my main project.  But now that it is in beta testing, I may start to get this thing rolling again.  Just sayin.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 05:45:22 »
Ouch! Nearly a year of inactivity here. Well, I finished the project I was working on that kept me from helping here, and although I'm busy making other things now, I'm going to take a look at this and try to lay out a road map to completing this project. Wish me luck!

I remember that one of the things Tundra Trek lacked entirely was cutscenes. They are not my strong suit, but they'll probably be the majority of my contribution. I will have to make at least one area. As for the length of my turn, I expect I'll just hang onto it until either I finish it, or someone asks for a turn.

Offline sergiocornaga

• View Profile
    • Sergio's Games
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 06:30:47 »
I appreciate this hugely! I wanted this to be revived, but was too confused by the proposed plot to do it myself. I think you're the best person to do this so I'm glad you decided you could take time away from your other projects. I'd be happy to take a turn after more of the necessary narrative content is in place.