Issue playing game with blue screen...

• 2 Replies
Issue playing game with blue screen...
« on: January 30, 2011, 00:49:55 »
I am having an issue playing the demo, which I just downloaded. Basically, the game loads up fine, but once the menu comes on all I see is a blue window, in which the actual game flashes on every once and a while. This continues through the game, as well as in the settings window.

I have tried a lot of the basics - I'm not sure if it's a problem with my computer's hardware, since I can't find the system reqs. anywhere...

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Issue playing game with blue screen...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 09:11:55 »
It's most likely a video card related issue; if among the basics you've already tried there's video drivers updating, then I don't have anything else to suggest. There aren't any specific system requirements for the game other than 3D acceleration, by the way.

Posting your OS and video card might help figuring out what's wrong, but not necessarily fixing the problem: there's only so much Nifflas can do to make the game work on every setup, because most of the issues are with the MultiMedia Fusion framework he uses. A C++ version of NightSky is bound to come out eventually: maybe you'll have more luck with that one.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Re: Issue playing game with blue screen...
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 16:01:13 »
I figured it was probably the video-card - I have a pretty crappy one (Intel Integrated 965 Chipset Family). OS is Windows XP SP3. I had just been wondering because I haven't ever had a problem with any other Nifflas game. I understand that perhaps there isn't much that can be done...but I wanted to post just in case.