AfterDark V2!

• 1 Replies

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
AfterDark V2!
« on: January 29, 2011, 05:31:27 »
Current Version: 2.0
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE v1.5 ALREADY INSTALLED, DELETE THE DATA.AD FILE! OTHERWISE, YOU WILL GET ERRORS.

AfterDark is an experimental platformer, it's kinda hard to explain it. Basically, you have to get as high as possible while dodging falling blocks, and using your cursor to move fallen blocks into your growing tower.

Download:
Go to Game's Page on GameJolt
Dont forget to leave a comment/rating!

Direct Download Latest Verson at GameJolt

Could i please ask that you do not download this, and upload it to medafire (or whatever)? Keeping it on GameJolt means i can keep track of it, see the statistics, etc. Thanks! :D

Screenshots:

Changelog:
v2.0 (current)
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU HAVE v1.5 ALREADY INSTALLED, DELETE THE DATA.AD FILE! OTHERWISE, YOU WILL GET ERRORS.
    * Settings page
    * Online Highscores

v1.5
    * Improved help section
    * Fixed "Shield Bug"
    * New encrypted Save File Format
    * Game no longer defaults to full-screen

v1.0
    * Added Music
    * Added graphical effects
    * Added Highscores

LD 1.0
    * Original release, for Ludum Dare #18
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: AfterDark V2!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 15:48:17 »
hm, seems interesting enough and the music is nice, but the recharging mechanism is kind of pace-breaking. since it's the only real way of interacting with stuff/making something happen nonrandomly. And it took me a while to understand the significance of the white trails. :P and the mechanism of the portals itself is also a little slow, so you really have to click fast instead of being able to nicely position stuff. so yeah.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs: