Make object "disapear" (flags)

• 4 Replies

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
Make object "disapear" (flags)
« on: January 26, 2011, 17:17:30 »
I want to make an object disapear after I have visited a screen, that is, so that the next time I visit it it isn't there. The only way I can think of doing it, is if I could do this:
I am at screen A, go to screen B, which has the object. Then I leave screen B, and next time I try to visit the same place, I get screen C instead.

I have used flags many times successfully, and I thought I understood them, but maybe there is something that I'm missing, because I have tried to do this and I just can't. So can anyone help me here?

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
Re: Make object "disapear" (flags)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 17:34:13 »
You'll need a shift to change the flag, and a warp to change the screen the player is sent after exiting screen A.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 08:47:37 »
I tried to pretend that I understood that, but I don't think I did, I keep trying and I keep getting the same crappy result.
Is there any way you or anyone else could be more specific?
Thanks.

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 14:45:53 »
First you have to put a Flag Warp in screen B that warps you to Screen C: for example, if screen C is 1 screen to the right of screen B, the lines to add to the screen B section of the World.ini file would be

Code: [Select]
Flag(A)=x
FlagWarpX(A)=1

Where x is the Flag you chose (you can use B or C instead of A, it doesn't matter). If you use the KS Manager instead... I don't know, I've never really used it.

After doing that you should determine the correct way to set the Flag that triggers the Flag Warp, which depends on what the trigger you want to be. The only ways to set Flags are Shifts (works for any Flag) and picking up Powers (only works for Power Flags, of course); if you want the trigger for the screen change to be just entering screen B, then you should probably put a Shift in screen B, at the very entrance of it. In any case, the code to add would be ShiftFlagOn(A)=x (again, using A, B or C is the same).

If you still have trouble understanding, you should post what you're trying to do in your level (the relevant sections of the World.ini file, some screenshots or even the level itself).
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 12:49:03 »
I didn't do exactly what you said, but that helped a lot, thank you :)