Problem with Info.png and other cutscenes

• 2 Replies

Offline Syni

• View Profile
Problem with Info.png and other cutscenes
« on: January 25, 2011, 06:06:35 »
So. I'm basically done with my first pretty big KS project, except for the final touches... the cutscenes. I can't get 'em to show, even though they show up perfectly in the Manager.

The same applies to the Info.png, which shows clearly in the level folder as well.

Both Intro and Ending folders are present, with 600x240 png images in each correctly labeled Scene1.png and so on. However when I start the actual game, both the Info screen and the Intro simply display white. (Though the assigned music /does/ work.) What's going on?

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Problem with Info.png and other cutscenes
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 08:42:22 »
I've done some tests with the Info.png file: it seems the game has no problems with any image mode (RGB, indexed, grayscale) or with transparencies. The filenames and resolution are OK too.

If it's not a problem, could you post your Info.png file you used?
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

Offline Syni

• View Profile
Re: Problem with Info.png and other cutscenes
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:22:14 »
Sure thing.

This one...

Edit: Whoops, this one's a .jpg, and if my hunch is correct, they're probably ALL .jpgs that are incorrectly named as Scene1.png.jpg , etc. Just found this now but will check and see if that's the problem.

Edit2: Yep, that was it, problem solved! Thanks for the exercise in any case, as it helped me find the problem. x3
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:15:24 by Syni »