[Medium] [Enviromental] Eos

• 3 Replies

Offline Paranoid

• I'm a nuclear powered robot.. FROM THE FUTURE! :3
    • View Profile
    • My Favorite Song.
[Medium] [Enviromental] Eos
« on: January 19, 2011, 00:40:21 »
Oh haai there! ^^ Anyways, I'm back, not that any of you missed me ... but I've been working on my comeback level. And to think it's still not done.  <_<

I HAVE A REQUEST FOR THE BEST GRAPHIC ARTISTS OUT THERE! :D
I require a title screen. Just draw what comes to mind when you hear the word 'Eos'. I've enough of drawing for a bit, and I had just recovered from a large writer's block. If you could, that would be awesome. Full Credit and a Juni Statue!

My unofficial storyline for Eos so far is ...

"Amelia, a lesser known Knytt, a certain Knytt who had explored the Sparkle Caverns a month before, had caught a bug from another exploration before the Sparkle Caverns. Tonight, she was sitting on her recliner, staring at the ceiling. Her cat meowed and she absently stroked it's fur. The feline purred slightly. While she would've usually enjoyed the sound of her cat purring, the sound of pattering raindrops fell on her roof, blocking out the ambient noise coming from her pet. Using up most of her energy, she got up and pulled on her boots. Crouching down, at eye level with her feline companion, she soothingly said, "I'll be back soon.". The cat meowed once more and retired to it's little bed by the fire, used to her constant and at-random excursions. It was a lie though, just to trick her mind into thinking it wasn't sick. What a lie. She stalked outside and cursed. She forgot her umbrella. She sighed and stepped down into a puddle. It made a satisfying splash and she smiled. The water dampened her hair, and she twitched at the feeling of cold water trickling down her body. Amelia ignored it, and using her red jacket as a seat, she slid off her boots and let her feet skim the lake's surface. The Knytt looked up, and the endless expanse of stars always amazed her. But today, none of them were sparkling. None were twinkling. Sighing sadly, she scanned the sky, in hopes of a sight that would add some life to her boring day. A twinkle appeared, and a flying streak, and at the head, a sparkling blue light. It tore through the sky, Amelia's eyes following it through and through. Before it disappeared, she wished upon it. The wish to be able to explore once more, the wish to see new sights, the wish to feel accomplished. She sneezed. The wish to not be sick anymore. As the shine was overpowered by the moon's glow, she returned her gaze to the dappled rays, dancing upon the water. But something was rising. A light. Another light, strong, and blue. It was getting closer. Closer. Her mouth opened in a gesture of surprise, but no-one heard what happened next. She was enveloped entirely. The next instant, she was lying on the floor, staring up into a black expanse, damp, dripping, and ... no longer sick. This is what happened next ..."

... Beautiful, isn't it? Not my best work.  :sigh: Anyways, it's a major step up from the first description. I was just working on a Re-Redux of Rectified Anonymity. Blame Rob Bricken. It's all his fault.

Eos is more of a Knytt Level that focuses on the storyline and little details, rather than puzzles and dodging the bullets. Because of this, it may not be completed faster, but I will go semi-rush hour while working on it. I need all of the help I can get, though. :^^:

There will be Custom Objects, Custom Tilesets, and Custom Music. All Creative commons, but due to work and other stuff that I really hate, it wouldn't be done until a long time from now. I will try my best and update the post with progress.

Estimated Finish Time -
When Chuck Norris Kicks The Bucket (AKA Not in the near future.  >()

[MORE] Screenies soon, my pets.  :^^:

There are also a few throwbacks to my older level, VR. See if you can spot them. If you can, you receive a life-sized Juni statue. :)
 :juni:

Changelog:

1/18/11:
Inital Release of Forum Post
Edited Storyline
Added Changelog
Added VR Challenge
Bought a TON of Juni Statues from Nifflas Co. and Co. Inc.

1/19/11:
Added THREE new screenies

Progress:
Area 1 - Totally Complete; Furnishing 25% Complete
Area 2 - 25% Complete
Area 3 - No Progress
Area 4 - No Progress
Area 5 - No Progress
Eos - No Progress

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 23:13:11 by Paranoid »
Whrrrrr ....

My Knytt Levels:
Eos [WIP]
VR [Remake IP, WIP]
The Lobby [KSO-Specific, WIP]

First one to use AClockworkLemon's FiNCK Forum Theme (Which looks ah-some!)

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: [Medium] [Enviromental] Eos
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 17:39:25 »
This all sounds very nice, but how about showing at least one or two screens of the actual level?  ;)

Offline Paranoid

• I'm a nuclear powered robot.. FROM THE FUTURE! :3
    • View Profile
    • My Favorite Song.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 22:34:32 »
Eeeeeh.
Gimme a second. :P
Many of my screens look crappy. Mostly because the level's in Early-Early Alpha. -.-
Whrrrrr ....

My Knytt Levels:
Eos [WIP]
VR [Remake IP, WIP]
The Lobby [KSO-Specific, WIP]

First one to use AClockworkLemon's FiNCK Forum Theme (Which looks ah-some!)

Offline Headgrinder

• Smart Steel Polisher
    • View Profile
    • www.matthewepperson.wordpress.com
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:43:59 »
The last screenie is the most intriguing so far, though I don't know if it is intentional.  The 1st 2 are just ok, but the third looks like a computer read out.  That coupled with the story is a little interesting.