Myst Knytt Stories Level

• 7 Replies
Myst Knytt Stories Level
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:28:56 »
A while ago I read something on this forum about plans to make a Myst related Knytt Stories level. I have searched the forum and can't find any evidence of such. Does anyone know whether anything came of this?

A link for those who don't know what Myst is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst

Offline AA

• Was ITA84
    • View Profile
    • Insight on Videogames
Re: Myst Knytt Stories Level
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:20:23 »
I found a topic about it on another forum: if this is the project you read about (last message dated May 2009), then it's probable that the discussion you found here was probably on the old forum, which is now inaccessible.

I don't know what became of that project, sorry.
Videogames are for everyone, by everyone

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 08:21:55 »
Is it" Riku Island"?
(people here http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=427.90;theme=3 say that it reminds them of myst)

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 13:16:09 »
That may very well have been the exact topic I remember reading. Thanks for finding it. :)

By the looks of it the project never got particularly far.

I'm interested in starting something a bit different to what was discussed there. I'd like to loosely base a level off the Myst spinoff, URU. I've just started working on a desert themed tileset. Going slowly though, just trying to work out how to use image software I haven't used before.

Anyone else interested in this concept or have any ideas?

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 19:06:48 »
Actually Riku Island was finished long ago. It's Return to Riku Island that is unfinished. By the way, the author's avatar is a Myst book. Probably indicative of what inspires his levels.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 19:50:11 »
I think CTU was referring to the thread AA found on the MystCommunity forums.

Offline Talps

• ...especially in a life-or-death situation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 05:05:52 »
Oh my gosh, 'Return to Riku Island' is gorgeous! Thanks for alerting me to it :p

Offline AClockworkLemon

• -Inactive-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 11:37:12 »
I (almost) feel like making a reconstruction of the channelwood age from the original MYST.

If you ask me, i think a MYST level would be a great idea for the next community collab, as it is already divided into sections
I'm not dead. Not entirely. And yes, I'm embarrassed by most of the posts I made here.
:hiddenstar: - From Pumpkinbot