Ball with Hat webcomic

• 6 Replies

Offline Dovahn

• View Profile
Ball with Hat webcomic
« on: January 16, 2011, 01:00:18 »
Hello Nifflites!

I think I was around before the forum switch but I haven't posted since... Anyway, I wanted to share with you all a webcomic that my brother is producing, www.ballwithhat.com. I figured you might be interested in it because its main character is a purple ball! Well, sometimes purple.

Anyway, please take a look. It's not a funny comic; it's sort of a contemplative comic (a bit like Nifflas' games, really) He updates it every day, so you can check back often!

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
Re: Ball with Hat webcomic
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:47:22 »
coool. needs a bit of adjustment or so from my/the reader's part, in that it doesn't have dialogue or any other kind of real textual story telling. but I really like it so far, it seems quite imaginative and cute. I especially like for some reason :D
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 18:39:50 »
I like the art style a lot, its really cute. Almost reminds me of AUS...

Offline Dovahn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:06:29 »
Thanks for checking it out! I'll let my brother know that his work is appreciated by you fine folk!  :)

Offline BeamishBoy

• And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
    • View Profile
    • Ball With Hat
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 12:47:20 »
After over a year of daily updates, I'm finally claiming authorship of this here webcomic. It's been running strong and has grown somewhat, and I like to hope that the art has gotten better. More importantly for you all, I decided that (as the end of Ball With Hat is fast approaching), I'd include a tribute to Nifflas in my comic. Today's comic - http://www.ballwithhat.com/ball-with-forest-and-hat/ - is a thank you to him for inspiration and to you all for having read this so long ago. I'd also love to have people check out the archive (http://www.ballwithhat.com/archive/) to see how much has happened in the past year.

Thanks!
BeamishBoy

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 08:22:59 »
Love these!
I hope the end is a debatable one

Offline BeamishBoy

• And has thou slain the Jabberwock?
    • View Profile
    • Ball With Hat
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 12:58:20 »
I'm afraid that the end wasn't debatable, but I do hope that the ending gives a good sense of closure.

If you want to see the end, I recommend starting a few days before the last one (maybe http://www.ballwithhat.com/ball-with-countdown-and-hat/). That way you can see the grand finale in the way it was intended to be seen.

Thanks again for the support - it's been a fun ride!
BeamishBoy