I was not a fan of WaDF, but I love NightSky

• 2 Replies
I was not a fan of WaDF, but I love NightSky
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:39:04 »
I really tried to get into Within a Deep Forest when I first discovered Nifflas' works a few months ago. It was the only major game I didn't really like. I saw that it was great and that other people could easily fall in love with it, but I didn't. I never even finished it.

But I love NightSky. Just felt like this was worth mentioning and I'm wondering if anybody else feels the same way. I love that Nifflas wasn't afraid to create a completely separate game where the player controls a sphere. It's inspiring.

Thanks for another incredible game Nifflas.

Re: I was not a fan of WaDF, but I love NightSky
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 06:39:35 »
wadf was more of a platformer, while nightsky is kind of a puzzle game. They're pretty different besides the fact that the main character of both games were spheres.

Re: I was not a fan of WaDF, but I love NightSky
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 07:51:30 »
Yeah they really are different. I've just noticed that some of the people who dislike NightSky seem to state its dissimilarities with WaDF as faults. So I figured I would share my opinion. But in a way, it's not the "on-the-surface" dissimilarities that make NightSky more enjoyable to me... it's the fact that it has a completely different soul. I love platformers and puzzlers. I love Knytt, Knytt Stories, Saira, and FiNCK... but WaDF is just not my cup of tea... while NightSky most certainly is. I just found that interesting.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:17:18 by MrChiggins »