grid on the screen

• 4 Replies

Offline B6ka

• View Profile
grid on the screen
« on: January 13, 2011, 01:21:34 »
Hi everyone, I downloaded the demo of nightsky, the game runs smooth and nice but there is a grid visible on the screen. I check a video on youtube and the grid was not there. Is it supposed to be there or is it a glitch? Thanks.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
Re: grid on the screen
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 01:57:21 »
Judging by the info bar, you're running Windows 2000 or earlier?
I'd say go into options and try changing around the settings on the display a bit, the current setting may be stretching the game a little, and your computer might not render a stretched image properly.
Don't know what else to suggest.
Good luck :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:00:52 by Dj Gopher »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 02:48:04 »
Its not supposed to be like that. It could either be a compatibility issue with your graphics card (or drivers) or a bad install.

You could try to download the demo once more and install it to see if that fixes the issue.

Alternatively you could try updating your videocard graphics and see if that helps.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 13:08:16 »
That's something that can happen with older video cards that by some reason doesn't draw the tiles with pixel perfection. It's the kind of inaccuracies that won't matter for textures in a 3D game but can get quite dodgy for a sprite and tiled base game.

Offline Feryl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 14:33:26 »
Interestingly, I have the full version and have seen The Grid only when the light interacts with the sphere in a certain way, etc. I've seen that it's clearly hiding in the background, but it's only revealed by certain movements and plays of light.