Help: Old Ruins #13 and Murky Depths #3 (Alternative)

• 3 Replies

Offline Husky

• View Profile
Help: Old Ruins #13 and Murky Depths #3 (Alternative)
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:21:42 »
So, basically, I'm stuck in these two levels.
The Murky Depths one is mildly easy, it's the one you must ramp off a car into an inverted U thingy to open a door and exit the level. I guess I just need to try it over and over, but it anyone could give a hint I'd be glad.

As for Old Ruins, this is that level where you need to make a few blocks (that have wheels over them) disappear so that a plank falls bridging a gap. I've got the plank in place twice after hours of trying, but couldn't find a way that would consistently drop it correctly. Without help, I'm pretty much giving up on this level and finding a way to hack the savegame or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Offline Matll

• View Profile
Re: Help: Old Ruins #13 and Murky Depths #3 (Alternative)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:50:17 »
I assume you mean Murky Depths 4 and not 3.  ;) Hint: You need to make the car fall.

Old Ruins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpMRHctTFK8

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:12:05 »
There's a much easier and more consistent way of completing Old Ruins #13, which needs no timing whatsoever. ;)
Spoiler: Order of triggers (click to show/hide)

And as said for Murky Depths #4, you'll need to tip the car over and LOTS of speed. :P
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline Husky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 07:54:58 »
I had tipped the car over a few times, but it never occured to me that it would be the solution.

As for Old Ruins, I managed it in a stroke of luck, but I'll surely remember to do it the right way the next time. XD

Thanks again, guys!