Suggestions

• 11 Replies

Offline TTT

• View Profile
Suggestions
« on: January 11, 2011, 00:38:43 »
NightSky reminded me of two great games...
In Elasto Mania, players can compete for the fastest time on each track. They can also save replays of their runs. NightSky might benefit from such features.
In Gish, players can play against each other in local multiplayer. I think it would be fun to play some special levels in NightSky cooperatively. Versus multiplayer might be fun as well.
Overall, I don't like the light, minimalistic nature of NightSky (although I like the style) - I think the gameplay is solid enough for a more complex game.

By the way, NightSky also reminded me of Ballance.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 13:11:26 by TTT »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 13:31:52 »
I think Nifflas has finished working on night sky and I doubt he will add more things to that game. Of course that's up to him to decide, but I think that besides technical issues, he is more inclined to keep working on KnyttWaDF.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 15:41:55 »
He does however always read feedback like this and might incorporate this into his future games. :) So don't mind suggesting things. It might just be used in another game. :)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 01:12:24 »
It's true that a good suggestion for future games would be little features like a built in timer of how fast you finished a level, or a replay feature, since there are whole subforums on here devoted to people posting challenges such as this.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 14:44:30 »
What you'll notice with the challenges is that they're all about simply doing something difficult for your own sake, people in direct competition for the best times is something very different. One of the major features of most of Nifflas' games is that they're non-violent and non-competitive.

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 00:47:10 »
WaDF did have a time attack mode. ;)
Was removed in the last version though, due to... Something or other. Time database going off the net or something.

Edit by LPChip: Not going to waste a post but: The database that held the time attack got deleted by accident, and Nifflas had no idea what format he had, and didn't have enough time to figure it out and recreated it, so instead he removed the feature. It wasn't being used for some time either, so it wasn't worth all the trouble.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:51:16 by LPChip »
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline Pumpkinbot

• No terrain is too hard. Not even dragons.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 06:52:09 »
It kinda reminded me of LittleBigPlanet, with all the moving objects and the way the physics worked.
A God, a Messiah, an Angel, a King, a Prince, and an All Terrain Vehicle.

Offline Widget

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 17:14:07 »
I never knew that... teach me to make assumptions :P

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 05:45:06 »
It kinda reminded me of LittleBigPlanet, with all the moving objects and the way the physics worked.

it makes sense, they're both physics-based platformers. i really, really want to create a nightsky tribute in LBP2. i think it will work really well, assuming it's possible to create a ball with similar physics.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 05:55:13 »
By the way, NightSky also reminded me of Ballance.
didn't nifflas say somewhere that he was inspired by ballance?

Offline J

• Information leaking
  • I have a chicken on my head.
    • View Profile
    • Greywool
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 11:32:35 »
He definitely did. I think it might've been the #1 inspirer for NS too. Speaking of which, I need to play through that game again soon. :P
"flipping around like an idiot" -- Paula

Offline Feryl

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 14:16:18 »
TTT, Ballance is a great game, and it is a little similar to NightSky as far as the basic premise goes, but besides that there aren't too many similarities. I don't think NightSky needs time attacks or multiplayer--the single player experience is good enough to carry the weight of the game.