Mac Version...

• 5 Replies

Offline phnord

• View Profile
Mac Version...
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:30:38 »
Nicalis,

I always love you work but am hesitant to purchase Windows games, as in order to play them I have to run them in Parallels or try to get them to work in WINE.  The former is clunky and while that latter works for most of your games, I can't seem to get the NightSky Demo running in it.

Luckily, this time I heard you were releasing a Mac version the same day as the Windows version!  At least, that's what I had heard...

Now the Windows version has been out for a little bit and the price is going up on Monday - but there's been no news as to the Mac version.

Do you have any idea of when it will be released?  Also, will you be selling it for the initial price of $7.20, or are we going to have to buy it at $10.00 as the price goes up tomorrow?

- Andy

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Mac Version...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 11:15:16 »
I don't know exactly when, but it should be pretty close. I never personally stated a Mac version would be out the same day as a Windows version, so I'm not sure where that info came from.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 13:15:40 »
nifflas has said this:
The C++ version of NightSky is highly portable. As soon as it works perfectly, a Linux build shouldn't be a problem. When we upload a builds for a new operating system, it will become avaliable at the download area to everyone who have purchased the current Windows version.
so if you really really want to save the 2.30$, you could buy it for windows right now and just wait until the Mac version is released.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline phnord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 01:58:40 »
nifflas has said this:
The C++ version of NightSky is highly portable. As soon as it works perfectly, a Linux build shouldn't be a problem. When we upload a builds for a new operating system, it will become avaliable at the download area to everyone who have purchased the current Windows version.
so if you really really want to save the 2.30$, you could buy it for windows right now and just wait until the Mac version is released.

Very good to know!  Or at least would have been good to know before the price went up...

It's not a big deal to me - obviously $2.30 doesn't matter in the scheme of things.  I'm just eager for the Mac version.

And Nifflas - I didn't mean to sound accusatory at all in my post.  I think I had read initially on the IndieGames blog that they were coming out at the same time; and then when only the Windows version was released they updated their posts to reflect that the Mac version was coming soon.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 17:48:12 »
Ah, don't worry :) I didn't take it that way, I just wanted to point it out anyway.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 01:14:32 »
Gamespot also lists the Mac release date as January 6.