[Challenge, Puzzle, Very Hard] Down to the Underside

• 2 Replies
[Challenge, Puzzle, Very Hard] Down to the Underside
« on: January 09, 2011, 00:54:39 »
After many years of exciting travels and adventures, Juni was content with her life. However, one day, thousands of enemies came from the sky, flooding the world. The sheer number of foes, coupled with her steadily increasing age, meant that even with all the effort in the world, Juni would be unable to stop the takeover of the world.
Following the conquering of earth, every knytt was catalogued, and either forced into slavery, or killed. Juni supposedly suffered from the latter, but it seems that even death will not stop her - Juni has, supposedly, returned as she was years ago.
As it stands, nature itself is being purged out of the world - the machines are making an unstoppable device to conquer the universe. There is but one hope left, one stable slab of nature left in a sea of decay;

'The Underside', the world beneath the surface.

Juni will have to fight her way through machines, across fantastic lands, and reach this place - before the unstoppable machine is finished.

*Currently mapping has just started, but expect images within the next two weeks.
*Story is being modified and fleshed out, to try and make some sense of the 'missing lands' that will be visited
*Do note that this WILL be difficult - testing the first five minutes took upwards of ten attempts on one screen, even with exact knowledge on how to pass that challenge. I was tempted to do lunatic.
*Abstract sections! Now in three flavours.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 20:31:40 by Screedle »

Re: [Challenge, Puzzle, Very Hard] Down to the Underside
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 00:20:07 »
Three flavours??!  :shocked:
but anyway joking aside, i would love to see some sort of screens  :D

Re: [Challenge, Puzzle, Very Hard] Down to the Underside
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 23:04:39 »
Its exam week see, but on saturday I'll have some free time.

EDIT; added the first 'boss' battle just for fun.

Also note that it takes me, on average, ten lives to get through that one screen. It is vaguely possible, but difficult (thats now the motto)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 20:33:19 by Screedle »