A (NS equivalent) Wallswim.

• 10 Replies

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
A (NS equivalent) Wallswim.
« on: January 09, 2011, 00:38:44 »
A bug, perhaps?
The very first time I played the level, the two hammers struck me at the same time, sending me flying above the screen, landing in the wall after a few seconds of flight.
I tried to do it again, but couldn't get back up. I could get launched into the air, though..
I could move around with normal physics, but either side of the wall had a one pixel thin barrier keeping me from falling back down.

Edit:
Green=approximate flight pattern if anyone is trying it..
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 00:44:26 by Dj Gopher »

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
Re: A (NS equivalent) Wallswim.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 01:41:30 »
I think that happened to me once, too, in a different level. Nothing the good-old spacebar can't fix, but it is a bit annoying.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 02:14:38 »
I try to block ways the player shouldn't be able to go, but when you manage to get to a place I believed there was absolutely no way to get to, that can happen.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 07:38:21 »
I try to block ways the player shouldn't be able to go, but when you manage to get to a place I believed there was absolutely no way to get to, that can happen.
Sorry :(

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 12:54:30 »
Sorry :(

Don't be. :) But the fact that you have a hard time reproducing this, is says enough about how soon it should be fixed. All the places where we (the betatesters) could come have been fixed, and those were the onces that were easily accessible.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 16:31:04 »
I actually got to that exact same place lol. I just restarted. Not a big deal really.

Offline Frank

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 23:34:53 »
Hello,

I was playing Nightsky, the "Alternative" mode, Perpetuum Factory, level9.
I reached an unexpected area. I think that could eventually be done again, but there's little chance as it was only a bad-timing thing.

Here are the screenshots (it can only be achieved in jumping between two separate screen) :

You jump from that screen, full speed :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You land here :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Play well !

Frank

Offline Pie_Sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 04:14:07 »
I was going to post this as a challenge, but perhaps it should be fixed. On Aurora's North #9 (normal or alternative), it is possible to get up on the ledge in the first screen without too much difficulty, and subsequently to wallswim (see the attached screenshots).

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 10:42:06 »
I was going to post this as a challenge, but perhaps it should be fixed. On Aurora's North #9 (normal or alternative), it is possible to get up on the ledge in the first screen without too much difficulty, and subsequently to wallswim (see the attached screenshots).

Funny, I tried to do this and post it as a challenge, but I failed to do this, so I thought it was impossible. X)
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Yoeri

• Normality is relative
    • View Profile
    • Bumper's business
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 23:14:18 »
I was looking for secrets... :(

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 19:55:40 »
Bumperpower that is the only one I can't manage to get to.. :|