NightSky 3DS?

• 11 Replies

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
NightSky 3DS?
« on: August 25, 2011, 22:42:00 »
Apparently Nicalis (company behind making the -yet-to-be-released- WiiWare version of NightSky, and also the WiiWare and DSiWare and upcoming 3DS version of the ever popular Indie game "Cave Story") is severely hinting at a 3DS version of "Night Sky", presumably one you can buy in a physical store. Anyone have further details on this? My guess is that it's going to be in 3D, so anyone think that's a neat idea? Personally I've already bought it, but I admit to being sort of a sucker for the 3D effects, and plus, it -is- a nifflas game. A fairly good one. Can't go wrong with that. But still, love to hear what the rest of you think.

EDIT: Due to Paula's really rather harsh complaint over what I tried to make really understandable but obviously wasn't, I'm going to simply rephrase it as thus: Please try to keep it on topic to specifically just NightSky 3DS. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 20:15:45 by BloxMaster »

Offline lilmanjs16

• Its time for some Pixies!
    • View Profile
Re: NightSky 3DS?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 00:03:03 »
well from this link, it looks like it won't be in 3d, just on the 3DS.
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/24/nicalis-bringing-nightsky-to-3ds-eshop-in-2d/
we all love each other. and thanks to those who like my dj mixes, it makes me happy:hiddenstar: thanks AClockworkLemon! makes me feel proud

Offline Gorfinhofin

• Totally Sane Storyteller
  • Bugbears are cool.
    • View Profile
    • My World Famous Grilled Let's Plays
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 04:43:00 »
No 3D? PFFFF. Just gimme that portable Nifflas!
In fact, I think the 3D is just kind of distracting a lot of the time. Plus it makes my eyes go woggly, though that could be paranoia, and it actually reduces graphics quality.

When something smells, it's usually my monitor.

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:16:59 »
I really can't imagine how nifflas' very flat worlds would be translated to 3D in a way that would make sense.

And seriously, you'd "love to hear what the rest thinks" and then tell people what they're allowed to talk about? I don't think it's your call. Or did we start the culture of "this is my thread get out" yet without me noticing?
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline BloxMaster

• Master of the Bloxes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 20:08:32 »
Well...er, firstly, I sort of understand that maybe the 3D isn't needed or really even practical for this, I just thought it'd be neat if it was, but since people have said it won't be, I'd be fine with that too.

Secondly...er...Paula, I think you've kinda gotten the wrong idea entirely. I just didn't want this to be a thread for people merely saying things about not having the WiiWare version yet or not having a 3DS so they don't care at all about the discussion at hand. That's seriously all I meant by that last line in my original post. There's plenty of topics about NightSky itself, so we don't need that here, if it's not related to changes to this version. There's plenty of topics where people complained about not having a 'Wii' so they didn't want the WiiWare version. There's plenty of topics where people mentioned not having the Wiiware version yet. I'm simply trying to bypass that and get a decent thread up about the 3DS version. Seriously I'm a little taken-back by your stance on that, but I apologize if my first post sounded the way it did to you... :S
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 20:10:49 by BloxMaster »

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 20:24:31 »
He's just telling us what to talk about.. Which is really the benefit of having concrete topics rather than a sandbox forum or a shout box, right?

Anyhow, I can't say I could see this game in 3d.. But it would be pretty sweet to download it from the nintendo store, and even cooler to see a nifflas game on the shelves at Best Buy. :)

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 22:09:08 »
I don't really think that it will have a physical copy, because it (presumably) costs a lot more money to manufacture. (though it would be cool) Also, if Nightsky is going to be for wiiware, than the 3ds version will most likely also be for 3dsware (or whatever its called  :P) since it is the same game. Have my fingers crossed tho, because i would prefer a physical game.  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 22:11:36 by Mathexpert »

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 01:05:32 »
Why would 3dsware be easier to port than Dsiware? I thought they were identical.. :P
And yeah.. but I'd still be incredibly happy to see a nifflas game cart.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 23:18:33 »
Why would 3dsware be easier to port than Dsiware? I thought they were identical.. :P
haha..about that...I don't have a nds. Just an emulator.*gets headshot*

Offline tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 00:56:22 »
And yeah.. but I'd still be incredibly happy to see a nifflas game cart.

They're actually far from identical.

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 18:23:29 »
More information in Tinycartridge.

Also, stolen image!  X)

Offline rrc2soft

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2012, 16:30:19 »
Review on Destructoid: 8.0

NightSky is a physics-focused puzzle platformer that alternates between soothing the fuck out of the player and stressing them out with deceptively simple-looking obstacle courses that require equal parts strategy and moment-to-moment decision making.

The music is soothing and sweet, working to compliment the visuals without overpowering them.

Though the price may seem a little steep for a game of this complexity and length, there is no denying that NightSky accomplishes just about everything it sets out to do.

:)