[Challenge/Small][Horror]Parasite Trilogy: When we're Dead

• 6 Replies
[Challenge/Small][Horror]Parasite Trilogy: When we're Dead
« on: January 02, 2011, 11:14:19 »
Yes i know i should be working on An Empty Corridor, but i was browsing the realesed levels for knytt stories and then i noticed something, no one has done levels on a certain catergory (or at least i haven't seen them)

Juni being a psycho serial killer.

So over the next two days i created this level, i loved it so much i want to create two more levels as small as this one.
The plot has been all figured out as well as the level design. So i probably will get to work on them soon or something.
anyway its quite obvious what this level contains, but i will tell you that it also contains custom music, which is nice.

Here is download link and screenies:
http://knyttlevels.com/levels/Strange%20Darkness%20-%20When%20we%27re%20dead%20%28fixed%29.knytt.bin

Also how was everyone's new year?  :D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 00:04:14 by Strange Darkness »

Offline Widget

• View Profile
Re: [Challenge/Small][Horror]Parasite Trilogy: When we're Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 13:44:38 »
Just found 5mins to start on this, so I'll come back and edit this as I go along. Sorry for the mess in the meantime.

-The shift-based dialogue is pretty fiddly to play through. I found it pretty jarring, which kinda broke immersion at the points I should've felt most involved. I kinda wish you'd done the entirety of those scenes as cutscenes, instead of just the last few frames.

-The KS enemies are very weird to see in this context. The level would be a lot better without them in it, given the story it's telling.

-It's possible to jump up to the cat on the fire-escape in the first outdoor screen (it's actually really easy, since the platform's triangular) and climbing the wall leads to a wallswim.

On the whole it's a pretty decent level but there are a number of things letting it down. I was very impressed by the music, though, and the outdoor screens look really good.

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 17:01:22 »
Absolutely beautiful stuff! If only it were bigger, with more places to explore... maybe if you kill too many, you get a bad ending, etc... I really wanted to see what was inside all the buildings and stuff.

Offline Zackarii

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 23:08:05 »
I really enjoyed achange of things. A psyco, bad guy Juni was something I've never seen before and it was interesting. I am both for and agaisnt the length. On one hand it WAS short but because of its shortness, I am excited to see what else will happen and I am eager to play the next to parts and can't wait to play them when they come out.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 00:05:24 »
Well i posted up the fixed version.
Sorry for the strange way of the intro but i wanted to try something different than cutscenes... guess that didnt work out XD
anyway thanks for all the comments and i hope to start on the second part of this level!

Offline WreckSauce

• I'm smilin', cos yo be burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 07:28:32 »
That was pretty sweet.
A small level thoug, thats a shame. It was really cool to play, good use of the music and sound effects, they worked really well.

Background was nice, and the shifts and cutscenes were good too. (: