[Challenge - Very Hard] The Other Side

• 23 Replies

Offline Azun

• Lol hydro pump
    • View Profile
Re: [Challenge - Very Hard] The Other Side
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2011, 05:47:29 »
I downloaded this level, it is very nice :) I've gotten as far as Purple Land, its a little tedious but I'm sure I'll do it!

Your level has given me a couple of ideas for my upcoming level...  :D
Pokemon addict. ^^

Offline WreckSauce

• I'm smilin', cos yo be burnin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 07:29:49 »
This was really cool. It was a tad weird looking for the "Ghost paths" But I really enjoyed it.
Nice level, dude. (:

Offline PONTO

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 12:17:18 »
I just played this. Really good level, indeed. The level design is spot on, despite the sadistic challenges in the end. My only complaint is how there seems to be no clue to find the entrance to the tunnel where one has to input the code. I got there by watching the playthrough. Other than that, great work.

Offline The Red Snifit

• Aye Mak Sicur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 13:48:27 »
My only complaint is how there seems to be no clue to find the entrance to the tunnel where one has to input the code. I got there by watching the playthrough. Other than that, great work.

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I guess I could add another clue or two, especially since this is the second time recently that somebody had this problem. However, it's intentionally pretty difficult to find, so I'd rather not make it obvious.

Regardless, it's nice to see that people are still playing this and enjoying it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 13:56:01 by The Red Snifit »

Offline The Red Snifit

• Aye Mak Sicur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 02:52:36 »
Pardon the massive bump, but I've been polishing this up for the past year, or so, and I've added a couple more secrets; most of the changes are insignificant, but since this will be the final version unless somebody points out some glaring mistakes, I figured it might as well deserve its own update.

Without further adieu, here it is: The Other Side - Final [Download]

Thank you all for your support as I developed this. I had a great time making it, and I hope you all continue to enjoy it.

Offline sphere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 14:44:53 »
I replay this level. it is really a nice one. A lot of exploration and well-designed puzzles, and the style of pictures have fit in

Only one place annoyed me, I can't get through it until I had tried about one hundred times. It seems much harder than any other place. Perhaps just to me. XD

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 14:47:49 by sphere »

Offline Kira

• I can see u now !
    • View Profile
    • illustrators-web-gallery
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2014, 10:09:47 »
One of my favourite world. I like this minimalism.  Thanks Red Snifit !
I do not speak English very well. I apologize in advance for my mistakes or my misunderstanding.

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 11:49:07 »
I just completed it for what I suppose must be the second time, given my familiarity with it. It was pretty good! The only parts I found hard were the white blocks at x996y1010 and the final lava screens, so I'd say you put this squarely in the Very Hard category, at least for completion of the secret ending; I don't think the normal ending really merits it, but YMMV.

What the heck is the clue at x988y996 supposed to mean? How does one

I think the location of the secret ending might be insufficiently hinted at, though I agree that the clues are fairly good in retrospect. Perhaps you could put in a line somewhere near the end about
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 04:34:21 »
Played this for the first time. What a great level.   :)

What a sad (secret) ending.  :sad: