• 10 Replies

Offline PeppyHare4000

• My time in this forum is over...
    • View Profile
[Hard, Lunatic/Challenge/Large] Salvation V.2
« on: May 15, 2012, 23:57:04 »
Topic for V.1: http://nifflas.lpchip.nl/index.php?topic=4796.0
Read this for the basic details

Okay, So this is just like the Original Salvation except i fixed a few things and i Added an Easier Difficulty (Hard Mode) to this game so people that have average skill can complete this game! Of course, if your feeling bold, You can try Lunatic but it will not be easy! Mark My Words!

Download Link: Click to Download

Enjoy!

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
Re: [Hard, Lunatic/Challenge/Large] Salvation V.2
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 10:03:50 »
Cool :)

I've finished V.1 long ago, but I hadn't finished writing the reply until now :) Here it goes:

So, back then when you released the level I got to the last screen of hard ending, but couldn't get it. I put the level off 'till I'm in the mood for it as I usually do with lunatic levels. After some time I returned to it and figured out mostly how to do the screen. In August 2011 I returned to it and finally finished it :)

I use the green buttons to test your endurance skills.
Sounds like RPG character's testing. In real life I'd call it 'willingness to perform repetitive boring and pointless actions', or 'masochism'.
BTW, I started The Descent To Hell, but only went on until I saw a green button challenge. Even seeing it made me not want to continue at that time. I don't mean to say green buttons are always bad, there may be good challenges with green button, like that last screen of hard ending.

Also, here's a rule of thumb: if you have a number of challenges on a screen, always put the hardest challenge first, always put the longest (time-wise) challenge last. Otherwise you synthetically increase play time and make the player feel cheated.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:17:56 by GrayFace »

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 23:40:53 »
Cool :)

I've finished V.1 long ago, but I hadn't finished writing the reply until now :) Here it goes:

So, back then when you released the level I got to the last screen of hard ending, but couldn't get it. I put the level off 'till I'm in the mood for it as I usually do with lunatic levels. After some time I returned to it and figured out mostly how to do the screen. In August 2011 I returned to it and finally finished it :)

I use the green buttons to test your endurance skills.
Sounds like RPG character's testing. In real life I'd call it 'willingness to perform repetitive boring and pointless actions', or 'masochism'.
BTW, I started The Descent To Hell, but only went on until I saw a green button challenge. Even seeing it made me not want to continue at that time. I don't mean to say green buttons are always bad, there may be good challenges with green button, like that last screen of hard ending.

Also, here's a rule of thumb: if you have a number of challenges on a screen, always put the hardest challenge first, always put the longest (time-wise) challenge last. Otherwise you synthetically increase play time and make the player feel cheated.

Okay, Thanks for the advice!
I do sort of like how i made that last room.
Spoiler: (click to show/hide)

I may go on and Continue Descent to Hell but honestly, It sort of depends on my Mood and Motivation! I have been a bit worn out in life lately... But yeah... I may try to expand on it!

Also...

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 04:53:00 »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:58:33 by GrayFace »

Offline Raicuparta

• Rai
    • View Profile
    • Twitter @Raicuparta
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:18:28 »
I tried it on Lunatic, it was quite frustrating but I could handle it, until

Offline Ganoan

• Wondering...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 12:18:32 »
Thank you, Peppy, for this thread! For me its more like a reminder because I don't really plan to download version 2. I rather started a new attempt on version 1, although I already finished it a few months ago! Since I was fascinated of the motivation I got completing a lunatic one, I would like to finish this AGAIN (I must be crazy...).

Offline PeppyHare4000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 18:48:38 »
I tried it on Lunatic, it was quite frustrating but I could handle it, until
Well, Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with this level! I don't think something like that happens again though!

Thank you, Peppy, for this thread! For me its more like a reminder because I don't really plan to download version 2. I rather started a new attempt on version 1, although I already finished it a few months ago! Since I was fascinated of the motivation I got completing a lunatic one, I would like to finish this AGAIN (I must be crazy...).
I guess you must like this level! It's fine to redo levels sometimes! Most people do it when they like a game. Also, i would of added something else to V2 but i just wasn't motivated to do something like that and just wanted to put an easier difficulty for less skilled people to enjoy! I may release a V2.5 if i really wanted to put that in...

Offline GrayFace

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 17:52:36 »
Raicuparta, green button challenges get bad later. I remember the first area as very good and balanced, with only problem being what you've mentioned. It would get much less fair later, culmination of unfairness is the red area.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 09:33:35 »
Can I get a hint on how to handle the 4 switches part?

nice game, btw.

Edit: Actually I think this question is in the wrong thread. sorry. I'll create a new thread in the general section.

I hate to make a brand new thread for such a trivial question - but I think that's the proper protocol.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:35:37 by seattalite »

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 15:06:46 »
For anyone who is wondering, the solutions to the looping room at x1008y915 are as follows. There's no clever trick that I can see; as far as I can tell, you're just supposed to brute force the answers. 

Spoiler: Hard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lunatic (click to show/hide)

These solutions are given by the second hint-giver in the cave just below where you get the climb and run powers.
I've never meta pun I didn't like.

Offline pfrangip

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014, 16:56:42 »
Salvation v1 is the only Knytt Story I didn't finish for the sole fact that it was just too hard. And I played Dark Sea I and II with only minor cheats (added savepoints.)

I found myself excessively cheating in Salvation v1 by taking away spikes and enemies and whatnot. Suffice to say I find it LUNATIC, if not impossible. (I really don't know how anyone can navigate a 2-block high corridor of wind gusts with spikes on both sides with just the umbrella... for three whole screens.) I mean do people play this while high on cocaine?

Maybe I will give the HARD setting on v2 a try.