Object contribution!

• 46 Replies

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
Re: Object contribution!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 18:46:03 »
So far all submissions have been perfect and all will make it into the game. One submission had multiple versions of the image, with less and more blurred variants. Though I appreciate it, I added a note to the main thread it's actually not needed, all graphics in KnyttWaDF are sharp, even the background (in that aspect, the game differs from both Saira and The Great Work).

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 17:40:59 »
I keep receiving objects every once in a while, and most of them will make it into the game. green cookie just sent a fantastic red corall object which I can find great uses for! Thanks so much for helping me out!

At this point, something that would be amazing is photos of rocks in the shape of squares with stuff growing on them. I guess it's a bit complicated to find, perhaps I can locate some on my own.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 00:19:32 by Nifflas »

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 11:12:02 »
Do you mean like stone bricks, or natural rocks in a relatively square-like shape?  And with moss growing on them, or more than just moss?

Offline Comhon

• View Profile
    • comhon.cz
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 12:00:04 »
Before about two years. I was in Tatra Mountains. I'll try to find some rocks.

Offline Dj Gopher

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 02:01:29 »
Do you mean like stone bricks, or natural rocks in a relatively square-like shape?  And with moss growing on them, or more than just moss?
Same question.. if stone or marble is ok, then I can send some:)

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 04:51:09 »
Yeah, I have lots of opportunities to get photos of stone walls with fairly rectangular bricks and moss and/or grass growing in the cracks.  But I don't want to go through the trouble of taking the photos and removing the backgrounds and everything if that isn't what was meant.

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 16:44:18 »
I managed to find the images I needed for that in the end! Thanks though! Generally though, there's nothing I can not use :)

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2011, 19:33:56 »
I can't get the upload script to work. The bar climbs all the way to the top (after about half an hour) but then I get a "500 server error" and the uploader disappears completely. Is there any other way I can get the files to you?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 15:05:02 by jimj316 »

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 16:28:16 »
I have to try to get a different upload script up that accepts files larger than the server's limit for php uploads.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 17:57:09 »
I have to try to get a different upload script up that accepts files larger than the server's limit for php uploads.
Nifflas, you should be able to get around that using .htaccess:

php_value post_max_size 7M
php_value upload_max_filesize 7M

Replace 7M with another size, like 100M if you want max of 100mb of filesize.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 19:51:53 »
Doesn't work, neither does changing it through php.ini, I think there's an enforced limit that I can not adjust.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 19:53:42 by Nifflas »

Offline SiamJai

• View Profile
    • A gaming blog like no other.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 02:46:15 »
Yeah, I had the same problem a while ago when I tried to increase memory size. At the end, I had to contact the server guys to change it in a global php.ini, because local settings didn't have any effect.

I bet if you put a phpinfo.php file in your directory, it will show another php.ini file outside your control, that enforces the size limit.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 03:16:45 by SiamJai »

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 10:32:02 »
Yeah, I had the same problem a while ago when I tried to increase memory size. At the end, I had to contact the server guys to change it in a global php.ini, because local settings didn't have any effect.

I bet if you put a phpinfo.php file in your directory, it will show another php.ini file outside your control, that enforces the size limit.

Actually, Nifflas is using the same hosting as I do, and I can do it using .htaccess.

I've talked with Nifflas about this on msn, and he might've done it wrong last time. He will check it out once more.
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex

Offline Nifflas

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 17:44:32 »
It didn't turn out to work in the end. Neither modifying php.ini or setting it up with .htaccess didn't work for some reason. I got to check if there's any other settings that are currently getting in the way. There are many possible reasons I guess; memory_limit, upload_max_filesize and post_max_size, max_execution_time and max_input_time. I need to dig into this soon, there's just so much going on at the same time right now.

Edit 1: Actually, scratch that. I managed to modify php.ini to work! Now I just got to replace the upload script at the submission page.

Edit 2: Done. Hopefully it should work nicely now!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 23:10:08 by Nifflas »

Offline jimj316

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 23:18:32 »
Yayy tanks nifflas! I am uploading my files now.

I still have quite a few more to make transparent, and probably ten million things that I am going to see and go ":O MUST TAKE PHOTO FOR NIFFLAS!!!11!!"

Also, good luck with the new game! :D

Spoiler: RAEV TIEM! (click to show/hide)