showing level screenshots?

• 8 Replies

Offline delii

• View Profile
showing level screenshots?
« on: December 11, 2010, 17:01:06 »
It may have been answered before, but I really tried to find it and couldn't. I want to show some pictures of my level(not finished yet) and I was wondering how to go about doing that. Also when the time comes, how to upload it. I promise I tried looking for it so don't get all mad and tell me to go look it up.
[mod]put in more descriptive topic title[/mod]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 20:12:00 by Miss Paula »
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline yohji

• View Profile
    • Jashiin's Portfolio
Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 17:51:32 »
To make a screenshot, load your level, get Juni to the screen you want to capture, then press Alt-PrtScr while the KS window is active. That puts an image of the window in the clipboard. You can now load some graphics editor - even MS Paint will do. If you have Photoshop or something similarly advanced, then I assume you know how to create files from clipboard there. In MS Paint just press Ctrl+V, which will paste the image, then go File->Save and save it as a PNG file.

Then you create a topic in this board, KS Level Previews, and attach said image to the message by using Additional Options->Attach. As for uploading the level, you can use knyttlevels.com (choose "Upload New Level" at the left), or any filesharing service such as Mediafire, Sendspace, etc.

Offline egomassive

• View Profile
    • egomassive games
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:49:19 »
There are more details in the Forum FAQ. Scroll down to where it says, "I've finished my level! How do I get it to other people?"

Offline delii

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 17:56:40 »
When I click alt printscrn nothing happens, am I doing something wrong or is it different for different computers?
“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Miss Paula

• I demand more of these.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 20:14:06 »
When I click alt printscrn nothing happens, am I doing something wrong or is it different for different computers?
you're probably not doing anything wrong, you just don't see any result...yet; you still have to follow the second part of the instruction:
That puts an image of the window in the clipboard. You can now load some graphics editor - even MS Paint will do. If you have Photoshop or something similarly advanced, then I assume you know how to create files from clipboard there. In MS Paint just press Ctrl+V, which will paste the image, then go File->Save and save it as a PNG file

Spoiler: (click to show/hide)
:hs::hs::hs::hs::fish::hs::hs::hs::hs:
:hs:

Offline minmay

• View Profile
    • Cow Muffins
Re: showing level screenshots?
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 21:02:14 »
Note that this advice assumes you're using Windows.

Offline delii

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2010, 00:08:46 »
oh dang I feel like an idiot haha
yeah I was looking for a clipboard somewhere on my computer. But thanks that worked(:
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline variad

• Living on the edges
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 01:05:45 »
It took me a while to figure out that you couldn't SEE the clipboard  ;) But on very old versions of Windows, like 3.1, I think it was possible.

Offline LPChip

• You can only truly help other people by allowing them to fail.
  • Excel at the thing you're the best at!
    • View Profile
    • LPChip Interactive
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 15:59:31 »
Technically, you could install a clipboard manager like ClipX which, due to it being a multiple clipboard items manager, allows you to see the clipboard content at any time and paste anything that goes in (up to a certain amount).
on the left, above my avatar.

MODPlug Central Forum
"If I tried to kill you, I'd end up with a big fat hole through my laptop." - Chironex